Need help identifying a frequency in wash-co area

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxbubziexx

Took a trip to potosi and came across 154.5400 its a digital signal but im not sure if its wncrypted and its not on the washington county database page. I need help confirming this.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Try this:
Potosi R3 School District - WNMF734
2-slot DMR Emissions & along with narrowband analog
Fcc listing:
Trying not to be vague here, But you will need a DMR capable scanner to hear it.
Being this is a common Business band frequency it could really be anyone, this is the most likely emitter of the signal you seek.

YMMV

HH

xxbubziexx

hkrharry

Database Admin
Do you have any idea if its encrypted?

You will have to try and monitor it to verify encryption or not, but you will need a DMR capable scanner to find out.

My guess if it is a school district probably not, but there again depends on the radio shop that did the install on whether or not they enabled it.

Like I said earlier YMMV.

Try and tune it in and see what you catch!

HH

xxbubziexx

You will have to try and monitor it to verify encryption or not, but you will need a DMR capable scanner to find out.

My guess if it is a school district probably not, but there again depends on the radio shop that did the install on whether or not they enabled it.

Like I said earlier YMMV.

Try and tune it in and see what you catch!

HH
Okay. One more question, how do you identify talk groups and color codes on a dmr network?

hkrharry

Database Admin
If you use a TRX-1 or TRX-2 Scanner you can do the following to set up DMR searching:

Limit Search
The scanner's Limit search allows you to program and search a range of upper and lower frequencies.
To Start a Limit Search press Fn then 5 or, press Menu and scroll to 'Search' then press SEL/►. Scroll to 'Limit Search' and press SEL/►.
To Change the Lower and Upper Frequencies press Menu. Scroll (up) to 'Lo:' then press SEL/► to edit.
Press Skip to clear. Scroll to select the first digit, then use ► to move the cursor and select the next digit and repeat to set. (can't move the decimal point). Press SEL/► to save and return.
Scroll (up) to 'Hi:' then repeat to edit. Press ◄ to save and return.
To Change Direction or resume searching press ◄ or ►.
To Pause on a Frequency press
800%20pause.png
. To resume press
800%20pause.png
again.
To Store a Frequency (to the Default Scan List) press Menu when the frequency is displayed. Scroll to 'Store Channel' and press SEL/► to save and return.
To Lockout a Frequency press Skip. (will lock out frequency, not skip).
To Unlock a Frequency see Unlocking Search Frequencies.
To Toggle Attenuation, Zeromatic Tuning, Delay, or Filters press Menu.
Scroll to each option and press SEL/► to enable (check) or disable (uncheck). Press ◄ to resume.​
To Exit searching press Menu twice.
bluezipper.gif

Tune Mode
Tune Mode allows you to enter a frequency to monitor and search all frequencies above and below it.

To Start Tune Mode press Fn then 0 or, press Menu and scroll to 'Search' then press SEL/►. Scroll to 'Tune Mode' and press SEL/►.
The scanner will be paused at the last frequency searched.
To Change the Starting Frequency press Skip to clear. Press Menu and scroll to Freq: and press SEL/►.
Scroll to select the first digit, then use ► to move the cursor and select the next digit and repeat to set. (can't move the decimal point). Press SEL/► to save and return.
Select any other options you wish to use and press ◄ to save and return. Press Pause to start searching.
To Change Direction or resume searching press ◄ or ►.
To Pause on a Frequency press
800%20pause.png
. To resume press
800%20pause.png
again.
To Store a Frequency (to the Default Scan List) press Menu when the frequency is displayed. Scroll to 'Store Channel' and press SEL/► to save and return.
To Lockout a Frequency press Skip. (will lock out frequency, not skip).
To Unlock a Frequency see Unlocking Search Frequencies.
To Toggle Attenuation, Zeromatic Tuning, Delay, or Filters press Menu.
Scroll to each option and press SEL/► to enable (check) or disable (uncheck). Press ◄ to resume.
To Exit searching press Menu twice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This information is taken from the :
Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088/TRX-1 Handheld
Digital Scanner and Programming Software Manual

Located here:

I can attest to the working of this mode as I use it with My TRX-2 radio, If the signal is not encrypted it shows you the TG/CC/Slot/radio ID of the transmission. A very cool mode to use when searching.

Good Luck.

HH.

hkrharry

Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.