• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

need help identifying these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreakin318

can anyone tell me any information on these radios? thanks in advance

Attachments

• standard radios.jpg
    standard radios.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 430

kma371

QRT
There should be a plate somewhere on the radio that has model numbers? Can you take a pic of that too?

Phreakin318

these arent mine yet, i am considering getting them but not sure on the value of them i will try to get more pics of the back and plates and upload them

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Looks like Standard GX1500, maybe.
GX-1500E was a 25 watt Marine VHF radio
GX-1500U was a 25 watt UHF version
I'm pretty sure there was a 25 watt VHF (non marine) version.

About 1990's era.

Beware of a seller that doesn't know what they are selling.

Figure (if it isn't the Marine VHF version) you'll need to get a programming cable and find the software, too.

Last edited:

Phreakin318

Looks like Standard GX1500, maybe.
GX-1500E was a 25 watt Marine VHF radio
GX-1500U was a 25 watt UHF version
I'm pretty sure there was a 25 watt VHF (non marine) version.

About 1990's era.

Beware of a seller that doesn't know what they are selling.

Figure (if it isn't the Marine VHF version) you'll need to get a programming cable and find the software, too.

yeah this is what i am afraid of they said cs1500 business band radios, and said $600 for all of it, but i was thinking no more than $50.00 for all of it, also i cant find anything on the net about them, leaveing me to belive they cant even be programmed. also are ef johnson challenger radios any good its a 7154 thanks.

eh nevermind there gs1500 and put out around 37 watts and they said they would only take $500 bottom.in my opinion this aint a goodd deal

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
...and they said they would only take $500 bottom.in my opinion this aint a goodd deal

If they can't even bother to wipe the dust off them, and can't tell you exactly what they are, they likely don't know what they are worth. They may be basing that off what they originally paid. Not a good deal by any stretch. You could pick up a few Icom or Kenwood mobiles in the flavor you want, with software and cable for a bit more than that.

Phreakin318

If they can't even bother to wipe the dust off them, and can't tell you exactly what they are, they likely don't know what they are worth. They may be basing that off what they originally paid. Not a good deal by any stretch. You could pick up a few Icom or Kenwood mobiles in the flavor you want, with software and cable for a bit more than that.

yea i know thats why i was thinking i was gonna buy these for around 50 bucks just to play with, the elderly man told me he paid 600 a piece for them and would take 500 at the least i was like no thanks then, i told him about the new fcc mandate and ask him was they compliant ,he was like oh dont worry about that i let my liscense expire and still used them just fine, the fcc not gonna bother ya, i was like umm have a good day, kinda disappointed me cuz these would have been fun to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.