Need help IDing Federal frequency in Washington DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Some hints on this page for that frequency.

162.6000 [ $012] "Chain Bridge" "construction on 34th" (clear/encrypted) (unknown if related to event)
http://mamageekminis.com/dave/scanning/dc/washington.htm

FWIW, Chain Bridge is literally a bridge. It crosses the Potomac between the high-dollar Palisades section of DC and the Arlingwood neighborhood of Arlington. Both of which are home to a lot, and I mean a lot of people of significant power in government.

ecps92

Now that we are looking toward/around the Chain Bridge [being only a tourist]
who manages it for safety/construction and the reversible lane ? Might this be our Federal Agency ?

IF not, then since it is above the Canal, maybe the ACoE ?? as a possible user ?
FWIW, Chain Bridge is literally a bridge. It crosses the Potomac between the high-dollar Palisades section of DC and the Arlingwood neighborhood of Arlington. Both of which are home to a lot, and I mean a lot of people of significant power in government.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Now that we are looking toward/around the Chain Bridge [being only a tourist]
who manages it for safety/construction and the reversible lane ? Might this be our Federal Agency ?

IF not, then since it is above the Canal, maybe the ACoE ?? as a possible user ?

I wanted to include this but I wasn't home. Both references make sense for the area. But I'm pretty sure it's DDOT that's responsible. Chain Bridge is actually a fairly important crossing since it gives the well-to-dos a way out of town without hitting the highways or going through downtown. That, and again, the wealth and power of the area, would make sense for motorcades, protection details, etc. Just all FWIW.

1632065411998.png

Status
Not open for further replies.