Need help in dallas tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

trino1976

Premium Subscriber
I need help does anybody know somebody in dallas who programs scanner I have a digital bcd 396xt. Im new to this

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Easy way is to get one of the Software packages (some are free) or get the BUTEL software if your specific scanner is Programmable via USB cable.

Then you can either manually enter Freq or Trunking maps (hardest way) or download via Radio Reference if you are subcribed - that is the most easy solution and the cost is less than $100. total and then you can add/delete at your own pace...

A lot better long term solution in my view...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I need help does anybody know somebody in dallas who programs scanner I have a digital bcd 396xt. Im new to this
trino,
If you have the programming cable and will also download FreeSCAN, I can give you a file to program your scanner.

If your pc does not have a serial port, which is what the cable included with the scanner requires, then see this: Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

I've seen a lot of positive comments on this USB to serial converter cable.For my own laptop, I'm using this adapter. (Some members have had problems with the drivers for this one, but I have not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.