need help / KHP I-35

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does any one know the TGP ID #'s for the KHP I-35 Turnpike ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

scanningisfun

Look for the sites that would serve subscribers on the Turnpike, then look for the TGID's of what you want to listen to. Simple.

Jacob

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
On the System Frequencies, there is no Osage Co. Where do I find Osage Co ?

Everything you need is located in the database. How many times must we explain this to you before it finally sinks in?

Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS) Trunking System, Statewide, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies (under Osage County, Topeka Tower is most likely the closest)
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteMap&sid=4390&type=rr (KSICS site map)
Osage County, Kansas (KS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Please read this-

Let me try this again.

The Kansas Highway Patrol operates on the statewide KSICS radio system.

To monitor the system you must do the following:

1) find the nearest tower site (or sites) to your location and program the control channels into your P-25 capable trunked scanner. Realize that not every county has a tower site- they are placed based on coverage, not political dividing lines.
2) either run the scanner on open mode (you hear all traffic on the tower) or closed mode and select the specific talk groups you wish to monitor.
3) all known frequencies and talk groups for KSICS are listed in the RR database mentioned above. Please take the time to carefully look through the database before asking the whole group for frequencies or talk group numbers. If they aren't listed there you may have to search for them yourself with your scanner- which is a major component of this hobby.
4) in addition, there is a lengthy discussion of the KSICS setup and monitoring in this thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/kansas-radio-discussion-forum/179651-ksics-anchor-thread.html
As the moderator states in the first post of that "sticky" all posts concerning questions or information on KSICS should be posted in that thread. That way, we are not rehashing the same issues and questions over and over.

There are many people on this forum who are patiently willing to provide their expertise to those new to scanning, but realize there is a limit to that patience and it appears that you are rapidly approaching that limit. So, a final word of advice- don't hit the "easy button" and post whatever question comes up, look around and try to research the answer yourself first- on the net, database and the wiki.

SCPD

QRT
Well I look at it this way, SOME of us KNOW all this stuff & a LOT of USE don't, that is why I joined the RR to get help if need, But some of us think that EVERY one should know all of this. I for one know some & don't know some. May be I will just forget about the RR & not subscribe to it any more, SIR !!

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
jbxfire......Let me see if I can answer your question.....use the information that KAA951 provided, he is a wealth of information....

As far as I-35 being part of the Ks. Turnpike Auth. it starts in Emporia (Lyon Co.) ,continuing S.W it passes thru Chase Co. and Butler Co. next county is Sedgwick (Wichita) where it makes a turn due South and passes thru Sumner Co.....Sumner Co. is on the Kansas, Oklahoma border.

I don't monitor KHP , but, with that being said I was able to figure out (I believe) what I would program into the scanner, using the information that KAA951 provided, if I where to monitor traffic along the I-35 portion of the Kansas Turnpike.

As far as Osage co. is concerned ,the turnpike is I-335 from Emporia toll plaza (Lyon Co.) to Topeka (Shawnee)...it passes thru the the N.W corner of Osage Co. for a handful of miles...no exits, no service area, nothing....there may be a gated access road for emergency vehicles if there is anything at all besides the turnpike itself.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
kdOega : With all do respect to you sir, I know how I-35 runs, that is not my question. I am having a difficult time trying to put together the county's I need & TGP ID to make the route work for the KHP on I-35.Some of the county's I need are not listed some are. For some reason this is the 1st time I have had this problem trying to program what I need in my scanner. Thanks for the reply. Have a good day sir.

nec911

While taking a sanity break from my course studies, I read all 37 pages of the KSICS Thread that KAA951 linked to. I found the answer to your question in four different areas. I also agree that this thread belongs to that thread and I have recommended to the moderator to close it and put it over there.

As both KAA951 and KD0EGA will tell you, I am the most tolerant and easy going person to talk to about comms and questions. Please read through the wiki, please read through all the other posts from the last nine years that are archived and then ask your questions in the appropriate thread.

To put it bluntly and in the proper perspective, jbxfire, there is not enough medication on the planet to keep me anymore tolerant.

SCPD

QRT
nec911: With all do respect to you sir, you & the rest of the forum & RR, I am deleting my account, I am tired of being slapped in the face by people like you. RR is not what I thought it was for. Good day to you SIR & to RR. This is the last time you & RR will hear from me. Have a wonderful day SIR.

firefive76

A couple of other things that nobody has hit on here...

You say I35 and turnpike, then ask about Osage County. The turnpike runs through the NW corner of Osage County as stated above, but it is I335 in Osage County. I35 runs through the SE corner of Osage County.

As for KSICS towers, there isn't one in Osage County. The closest towers to I35 near Osage County are Coffey (Waverly) & Lyon (Reading). For I335 (turnpike), Wabaunsee (Eskridge)

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
nec911: With all do respect to you sir, you & the rest of the forum & RR, I am deleting my account, I am tired of being slapped in the face by people like you. RR is not what I thought it was for. Good day to you SIR & to RR. This is the last time you & RR will hear from me. Have a wonderful day SIR.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Wether you realize it or not, everyone on this forum (and some others who drop in from time to time) have tried to help you out repeatedly. My last post was made with the intent of helping you out also and explaining some of the expectations here so that you would not inadvertently cause someone to get upset with you.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.