BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Need help listening for mobile-side of convo

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
I believe I already know the answer to this; but, I'll ask anyway...

BCD436HP-owner and have been trying to narrow down a user on a local Connect Plus DMR system... In the days of analog, one could plug in the input, get close and listen for the user... Can this be done for the DMR Cap+ ad Con+ users?

I searched around a bit and remember reading some info about SYNC issues and how the repeater is needed to "tell" the HT how to "talk to it".... and without a repeater to tell it (the HT) what to do (slot #, color code info, etc) the scanner will not break squelch....

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks for any help with this,

Dave T.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

You can monitor the input frequencies in conventional DMR mode to see which voices match the traffic on the system. The same limitations apply as to any other mobile comms - you need to be close.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that the input side will only include transmit on one slot and will not transmit during the other slot's duration (i.e. 30 mS on/30 mS off transmit). This makes it challenging for the scanner to receive a simplex DMR transmission. You need to set the modulation to FM and DMR Threshold to Manual 8 (might need to tweak that setting) in order to have the best chances at RX.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input! I will get to work on getting those settings changed...

Again, Thanks, Dave and Upman,

Dave T.

Status
Not open for further replies.