• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Help! Looking for Console Insert for a Suburban

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0ezq

Premium Subscriber
I know this is a little off topic, but I am looking for one of the dual plane Jotto Desk Consoles for the 03-06 Tahoe/Suburbans.

If you know where I can get one, Please shoot me an email..

Thanks

Tim B.

ScannaMan9

RAM mounting systems is pretty good:
Console Mounts

1) Chose either a angled or standard console, and click on it.
2) Hoover over "VEHICLE MAKE/MODEL/YEAR" and select yours.

I personally don't like Jotto, or Havis, but RAM can be a little expensive.

Other idea's:
1) Go to "Search this forum," kind-of above the page numbers, and next to the "Announcement"
at the top of this Forum, and type what you want.
2) Go to the Radio equipment installation, automotive, do-it yourself, or electronics forums.

EDIT: P.S.
Aren't the Chevy Tahoe/ Suburban interchangeable?

Tahoes and Burbs should be interchangeable. Even my 93 Burb is very similar up front to the Tahoes of the same body style.

My Burb is old enough that there isn't much in the way of options so I'm going to go with the custom build myself.

JimmyL1011

Hi:

Lund Industries installed the console in my 1999 GMC Suburban. They did a great job. Lund Industries.

Jim

Attachments

• Suburban 1.jpg
    Suburban 1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,489
  • Suburban 4.jpg
    Suburban 4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2,032
Status
Not open for further replies.