SDS100/SDS200: [need help]Not scanning / the cold solder bleeping sound

Reconrider

Had my sds100 for about 3 years now. It's making the same analog bleeping sounds that you see with the cold joint solder errors(?)

I took the sds apart and app the solders look great so I don't think it's that.
I took the sd card out and played with that for a little with reformating it and it worked for about a day.

I figured it was the sd card again(duhh) and tried another card I had laying around. I still think it's the card but wanting someone who knows the card I should go buy to rule that out.

If you know anything else that might help, feel free to DM or reply. I don't want to spend 80 bucks for uniden to tell me it'll work after doing something I'm sure someone here on RR knows.

THanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I still think it's the card but wanting someone who knows the card I should go buy to rule that out.
I always buy these, and have many of them in use with no problems:

This is the formatting utility recommended by Uniden:

Be sure to use the "overwrite format" option to check the entire card for errors. Then use the "Clear User Data" function in Sentinel to put the necessary operating files on the card.

Reconrider

I always buy these, and have many of them in use with no problems:

This is the formatting utility recommended by Uniden:

Be sure to use the "overwrite format" option to check the entire card for errors. Then use the "Clear User Data" function in Sentinel to put the necessary operating files on the card.
Just purchased it.

Micro SD cards are very inexpensive. How is the battery?
Battery is less than 12 months old. I just bought this battery after the last one wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 hours. I would say at the most, about 8 months old

Reconrider

Oh and to add, the trunk scanning through the frequencies to find the NAC, is scanning super slow when it used to be quick

Reconrider

It's not running exceptionally hot? No change in programming?
Correct. It's not* running wicked hot, but the normal hot that it gets.
No programming change. I channel tune to NOAA frequency and nothing happens. Used outside antenna and a ducky with no luck.

Edit: Added a missing word "not"*

Reconrider

Classic CSJ symptoms. That sucks.
That's the weird part. I took apart the sds and the joints look amazingly good. Guess they messed up under the plastic piece that I can't see under lol.

I'll have to get everything setup and send it in the mail tomorrow.
Thank you for the conformation - I knew in the back of my head it was the issue but hoped not

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That's the weird part. I took apart the sds and the joints look amazingly good. Guess they messed up under the plastic piece that I can't see under lol.
The bad solder joints may not be noticeable without magnification:

Reconrider

The bad solder joints may not be noticeable without magnification:

That's very true. I only used my s23 ultra and zoomed in. Not an actual magnifier lol.
I have all the paper filled out already just gotta print and I can send it out tomorrow after work

Reconrider

-40dbm is an extremely strong signal. That is the main indication of the cold solder joint problem.
I also just noticed that with nothing scanning, it will do the bleeping sound like in the videos of the cjs issues