Need Help On Freqs For Pilot Point, Texas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETR

I live in Pilot Point Texas (Denton Co.) and what I have are 2 pro 95 (radio shacks-EDAS trunk trackers) and I am wanting to know from any one out there, what freqs can I use up here and do I need to upgrade to a digital radio and if so, what will the scanner world out there recommend for I to buy, also from whom should I buy? I am new in scanning and need all the help I can get from scanner out there around my area. Thanks in advance--- Ed

FF5510

If you're wanting to listen to just fire, you can listen to live fire dispatch for Denton County on the net. IIRC PPFD is Station 640. If you're looking for SO and PD, I'll have to dig out my list. It's been a year or so since I left Denton county.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
ETR said:
I live in Pilot Point Texas (Denton Co.) and what I have are 2 pro 95 (radio shacks-EDAS trunk trackers) and I am wanting to know from any one out there, what freqs can I use up here and do I need to upgrade to a digital radio and if so, what will the scanner world out there recommend for I to buy, also from whom should I buy? I am new in scanning and need all the help I can get from scanner out there around my area. Thanks in advance--- Ed

The PD & FD operate on the Denton County Trunk system. Go to the Denton County database page and it lists the talkgroups. Some small towns frequently use simplex frequencies for car to car traffic, usually old VHF frequencies they had prior to switching to 800.

bwillcox

Pilot Point PD and FD are on the Denton County TRS

The PD is usually on talkgroup 592, label Patrol 2, using unit numbers in the 150s.

The FD is on Talkgroup 8240 Fire Dispatch and talkgroup 8592, Fire Ops 12, Pilot Point. As previously posted, they are station 640. The tonenouts are repeated on their Ops talkgroup as well as 155.835 PL 118.8 for their pagers.

Denco will be staying analog type 2 trunking for now, so the Pro95s will work beautifully for now. (I have one sitting on my desk scanning Denco right now, among other things)

-b-

FF5510

bwillcox said:
Denco will be staying analog type 2 trunking for now,
-b-

I miss the Denco system. I worked for several different agencies in Denco before moving to the hill country area. I know a good amount of folks ***** about their system, come down here to a VHF-Hi system and see how much you hate it.

Sorry for the sentimental hijack.

Status
Not open for further replies.