Need help on Grecom PSR800 software program

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoham

Hi I just bought a psr 800, I have it running fine on two scanlists.
What I can't seem to do is to make it run on other scanlists that are part of
the same scanset.
The other thing I can't do is move or delete scanlists from the default scanset.
I can only add or delete one frequency at a time.
I tried copy to a new Vscanner folder but I get the complete scanset, all scanlists
not just the one I was on.
I am not new to scanners, just new to this software program,
I have other ham and scanner software that are more friendly.
Thanks for any help. Autoham

scosgt

I hope you have found the answer already.
The thing is this, the software is way different from Uniden.
Any "channel" listed in the software (and I am saying channel because either a frequency with a conventional system or a talkgroup from a trunked system is a separate channel or object) can be used in ANY scanlist.
So in other words, if you want to listen to talgroup 53077 from a trunked system along with 30 conventional channels in your default scan list, just select that TG in the software and in the right column click the scanlist and choose your default list. It will then scan that entire system, but only stop on the selected TG when you are using your default list.
If you want another list to be active, just select it in the menu in the scanner. No need to deselect the default list, you can have 200 lists active at the same time

autoham

I hope you have found the answer already.
The thing is this, the software is way different from Uniden.
Any "channel" listed in the software (and I am saying channel because either a frequency with a conventional system or a talkgroup from a trunked system is a separate channel or object) can be used in ANY scanlist.
So in other words, if you want to listen to talgroup 53077 from a trunked system along with 30 conventional channels in your default scan list, just select that TG in the software and in the right column click the scanlist and choose your default list. It will then scan that entire system, but only stop on the selected TG when you are using your default list.
If you want another list to be active, just select it in the menu in the scanner. No need to deselect the default list, you can have 200 lists active at the same time

Thanks for taking the time to help me better understand the system, I have it working now.
I also received help from Grecom,
Its a bit of a learning curve

Thanks Autoham

steve888

Thanks for taking the time to help me better understand the system, I have it working now.
I also received help from Grecom,
Its a bit of a learning curve

Thanks Autoham

Yep, it is definitely a bit of a learning curve. I remember when I got my PSR-800 a few weeks ago I was a bit frustrated the first few days learning how to program it. But now that I have the hang of it, I don't think I'd want to use anything else...the PSR-800 is a great scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.