need help on programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
i have an pro-96 i have tried differant ways too program the unit however when i do it will not allow the id's i ever or when i use an program too enter them it still does not work i just want the id's i put in there too show up not other channels i don't need so what is the math for this fix

Highpockets

i have an pro-96 i have tried differant ways too program the unit however when i do it will not allow the id's i ever or when i use an program too enter them it still does not work i just want the id's i put in there too show up not other channels i don't need so what is the math for this fix

I hope I understand what your saying, with that, are you running that system in open or closed mode. There should be a place to set that in the software for that system.

Man, you guys type fast!

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
what it shows me is bank 0-0 on
id no. 00
mot: 50672
mwc fire dis

now how do i listen too this id ?????

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Darkwolf your original posting was so heavily accented in textlish that communication between us is uncertain.

I think you asked how to set your scanner so you only hear the talkgroups you've programmed.
If that indeed was the question (70% probability?) then from the front panel of the scanner-

use MAN to select a channel in the bank of interest
Then press Funct 5. This toggles the Bank between Open and Closed.
Then press SCAN.

You should now only hear TGs you've programmed.

If that wasn't your question, please try writing it again in Standard English. Just because you know what you mean this doesn't ensure clear communication.

Thank you.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
what it shows me is bank 0-0 on
id no. 00
mot: 50672
mwc fire dis
During SCAN, top line should indicate a - (not +) above bank 0. If it is + press FUNC 5 to toggle closed bank. Line 4 will temporary indicate "Closed" during change.

EDIT:Oops, that would be a - or + under bank 0 not on top of..

Last edited:

N8IAA

this is going too be state of oklahoma system

How are you programming the scanner? By hand, or with programming software? There is a tower for the state system in your city. On the frequency page of the programming software above the frequencies is generally a box that is checked or unchecked. If it is checked, the bank is CLOSED to hearing and displaying TGID's that you have not programed.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.