Need help on RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7ckq

My Parents where in the Valley yesterday. My pops was listening to his BCD396T and he was not getting Simulcast A. He was in the area of McDowell and Preist Dr.. He was able to listen to MCSO and RWC off of White Tanks IP. But, not off of the Simulcast A. Lucky he knew how to work the video mode on the camera and made a video so I could see what was going on. Below is how I had RWC Simu-A programmed.

Simulcast A
Frequency LCN L/O Vol Adj Num Tag
867.21250 0 False 0 NONE
867.96250 0 False 0 NONE
868.16250 0 False 0 NONE
867.17500 0 False 0 NONE

Site was set to MOT P25

White Tanks Regional IP
769.40625 1 False 0 NONE
769.15625 2 False 0 NONE
770.40625 3 False 0 NONE
770.65625 4 False 0 NONE

Site was set to MOT P25
For White Tanks he was locking onto 770.40625 as the control channel.
MCSO control channel looks like he locked onto Thompson Peak, 860.2625.
Are my Control Channels right for Simulcast A? The time was around 11 a.m..

Last edited:

kd7ckq

I don't think the control channels I had programmed from the database worked for me. Here are some screen shots that have been cropped.

Here is the Lake Pleasant IR site. As you can see it is getting traffic, but not the control channel.
bcd396tScreenpicRWC1.jpg

860.98750 4 False 0 NONE
867.10000 5 False 0 NONE
867.25000 6 False 0 NONE

Same thing with the New River IR site.
bcd396tScreenpicRWC2.jpg

868.30000 8 False 0 NONE

MCSO was doing fine. Nice and strong.
bcd396tScreenpicRWC3.jpg

860.26250 0 False 0 NONE

RWC White Tanks Regional IR was very weak signal but tracked well, and audio was clear
bcd396tScreenpicRWC4.jpg

Last edited:

kd7ckq

Here is my programming in a FreeScan file. Programing was copied from a BCD996T that was taken out of the vehicle and replaced with a BCD396T.
Please let me know what is going on. I think there headed down to the valley for Black Friday and would love to have kinks worked out before then.

Attachments

• MaricopaFile396Tzip.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 79

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Your frequencies for Simulcast A are correct. Control channel will generally be 867.2125 or 867.9625. 867.9625 is the current control channel as I am typing this post. From the McDowell and Priest area, you should have no issue receiving Simulcast A.

Looking at your freescan file, the way you have it set up, you have a lot locked out. This may be why you are not hearing much. For PPD, all that you have unlocked is 900 precinct. Other stuff that you have unlocked is generally not carried on Simulcast A (Buckeye, Fire, Surprise, Peoria). Also have some mutual aid stuff unlocked, but these are not very active talkgroups. Programming looks correct, you just need to unlock your groups labeled Phoenix A, B, and C decks.

To check if you are receiving Simulcast A, hold on a talkgroup on your simulcast A system. You should see one of the control channel frequencies displayed with “DAT” next to it. You should also see your signal meter show the signal strength.

As far as you posts about Lake Pleasant IR and New River IR, you will not receive those sites from McDowell and Priest. For a scanner listener, these sites are not too helpful as they only carry traffic from radios that are affiliated on these specific sites. If you can receive simulcast A and B, then you will likely not get much value out of these sites.

Hopefully this helps.

--Joe

kd7ckq

It was not picking up Simulcast A or B control channel. The systems it did pick up like MCSO and White Tanks, you would see it pause for a second on the active CC and it would also show the CC freq.. It never did that for Simulcast A or B. Just blasted past them like they were not there.
Here are some pics of the scanner locking onto MCSO, and White Tanks CC. Yes, DAT does show up on the White Tanks CC. I uploaded the wrong pic and it wont upload the right one. The last one is it blowing past Simucast A, never could get a screen shot of B as it never paused long enough to show up on the screen.
BCDMCSOcc.jpg
BCDWhtTnkscc.jpg

BCDSimuAcc.jpg

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
In this case, I can only think of 2 possible causes:
1. Your control channel frequency is locked out. In the menu under your programming for this site under Set Frequencies, select each of the frequencies and under “Set Lockout” ensure that this is set to Unlocked for each frequency.
2. There was not adequate signal to receive Simulcast A. Simulcast A&B transmit from the same tower sites. This makes sense that if your scanner is passing up A, it will also pass up B.

kd7ckq

Thanks, cellphone. I am beginning to think they where in a bad signal area for Simulcast A.
The reason for a lot being locked out is that they only want to listen to the areas that they frequent. They don't want to hear the entire city or county. I do have to trim it down to be more streamline. Again, thanks for your help.

USScanner

Thanks, cellphone. I am beginning to think they where in a bad signal area for Simulcast A.
The reason for a lot being locked out is that they only want to listen to the areas that they frequent. They don't want to hear the entire city or county. I do have to trim it down to be more streamline. Again, thanks for your help.

The Phx simulcast sites use lower transmit power then the a county hill top site. From where you are a mag mount on the car roof should bring in A. Also try Systems C, D & F for occasional Phx Police units that affiliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.