need help please with new scanner

jaym780

hello

i am very new to this and very green. I have a bcd996p2 and I am looking to get east providence police and fire and providence police and fire also the inter city if i can. i did download freescan but i am lost on how to use it

wtp

just to start, and i hate to be negative.
i see simulcast under RISCON.
also many thing are encrypted and that means you won't hear them at all.
look for a personal message, top right of this page and the little envelope.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
also many thing are encrypted and that means you won't hear them at all.
look for a personal message, top right of this page and the little envelope.
He's asking about East Providence and Providence, both of which are in the clear on RISCON for PD and FD.
Only tactical channels for the respective PDs are encrypted.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a FreeSCAN file which should give you everything you want. I have all 4 sites programmed. You will probably need only the RISCON Metro site. After you upload the file to the scanner, press 2, 3, and 4 on the keypad to turn off the North, South, and East sites. All of the sites and groups have quick keys to be able to easily select what you want to scan. The second file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN. Connect your computer to your scanner. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload Programming. Check Erase All Systems & Settings to clear anything already in the scanner. Click on Start Upload. The file will be sent to the scanner and you will be scanning the RISCON trunked system. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. RISCON Metro (Site)
2. RISCON North (Site)
3. RISCON South (Site)
4. RISCON East (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. State Interop
2. State Emerg Ops
3. State EMS
4. Cranston Fire
5. North Prov Fire
6. East Prov Fire
7. Providence Fire
8. East Prov Police
9. Providence PD
0. RI State Police

Attachments

• Providence RI FS.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 10

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Here is a FreeSCAN file which should give you everything you want. I have all 4 sites programmed.

You only need to use the Metro and North Zones to hear the agencies he's asking for. East and South Zones are unnecessary.

MISTY3605

It's great to hear that your scanner is working properly I never used the software you are working with I prefer to use Uniden Sentinel software for programming and editing my favorite scan lists I find it very easy to use and very straightforward but I'm not sure if it is compatible with your scanner make and model

jaym780

It's great to hear that your scanner is working properly I never used the software you are working with I prefer to use Uniden Sentinel software for programming and editing my favorite scan lists I find it very easy to use and very straightforward but I'm not sure if it is compatible with your scanner make and model
i will check it out and see which one i like the best

jaym780

hey guys
i am sorry i am still alittle messed up with all this lol. i use freescan and i am from east providence i would like to be able to listen to just all of ep and inter city sometimes and turn off providence. i dont know how to do it.

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
Here is a FreeSCAN file which should give you everything you want. I have all 4 sites programmed. You will probably need only the RISCON Metro site. After you upload the file to the scanner, press 2, 3, and 4 on the keypad to turn off the North, South, and East sites. All of the sites and groups have quick keys to be able to easily select what you want to scan. The second file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN. Connect your computer to your scanner. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload Programming. Check Erase All Systems & Settings to clear anything already in the scanner. Click on Start Upload. The file will be sent to the scanner and you will be scanning the RISCON trunked system. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. RISCON Metro (Site)
2. RISCON North (Site)
3. RISCON South (Site)
4. RISCON East (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. State Interop
2. State Emerg Ops
3. State EMS
4. Cranston Fire
5. North Prov Fire
6. East Prov Fire