need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bratsch

I have a bcd996t scanner, bought in june 06, been thinking about updating the firmware, so I tryed...says my key is not valid they sent me back then...Now all my scanner does is blink when I turn it on...Please help, very frustrated with myself...

Don_Burke

There are at least two versions of the firmware updating software. I tried using an earlier version and it ran me in circles for about half an hour.

Delete what you have and download everything from the Uniden site again.

Make sure you have your scanner registered with Uniden.
bratsch said:
I have a bcd996t scanner, bought in june 06, been thinking about updating the firmware, so I tryed...says my key is not valid they sent me back then...Now all my scanner does is blink when I turn it on...Please help, very frustrated with myself...

bratsch

This is really frustrating me...I have tryed entering the key that they provide for me, says is not valid...

Is there a way to put the scanner back to orginal mood, and start over again ?

I can't write to it...says it needs key, and some reason, says wrong one, and nothing but blank screen on scanner now

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Bratsch: Tried to look up your record, but apparently you used a different name when you registered at Uniden. What is your login name (not password) or email address?

bratsch

registration Key

why is it not working ?

Why oh why do I do these things to myself...I had planned on a quite evening

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
bratsch said:
why is it not working ?

Why oh why do I do these things to myself...I had planned on a quite evening

give it a little time, upman will get back to you tonight i am sure! :)

bratsch

Upman

If you have any thing for me, let me know. This is driving me crazy, no scanner and we have tornado warnings out for 3 counties that are less then 50 miles from me....Argggg...What a time to mess with something that was working.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You have not entered an ESN/Checksum for your scanner (and so do not have a Registration Key). The only way you can get the key is by properly registering your scanner on the My Uniden site. We could never have sent you the key (certainly not 2 years before the update existed) so I suspect you are confusing the registration for your UASD software and the registration key for the firmware update.

Apply the v1.14.03 update as linked on your All My Scanners page. Once you do that the scanner will have both an ESN and Checksum. Add that info to your product registration and you'll be able to get a registration key and also d/l the 2.x update.

Be sure to download and read (and follow) the instructions that come with each update.

Last edited:

bratsch

???

I was using the software key given...I have tryed to registar the scanner to get key, I don't get email from uniden to give me key #. I down load everything that is needed, read it, and re read it ...have done it 4 times now...My brain is mush...I am about to give up...Don't under stand something that should be so simple...:(

bratsch

Not sure what else to do, it says in the email from uniden that it is a serial registration key. ??? Is that not the 8 diget # i enter in to try to update the firmware ? I have not had any problems with this or using unidens software that was provided free of charge for my use of this scanner. until now that I try to update firmware. should of left well enough alone. Guess i will have to spend more money and send this puppy in for repair next week, Will see...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No. The key you received by email was to unlock the features of UASD and has nothing to do with firmware updates.

Apply the v1.14.03 update as linked on your All My Scanners page. Once you do that the scanner will have both an ESN and Checksum. Add that info to your product registration and you'll be able to get a registration key and also d/l the 2.x update.

Be sure to download and read (and follow) the instructions that come with each update.

bratsch

Thanks

Ok, I knew it was a simple fix, my computer was not extracting the zip files. I was able to down load as instructed after that. I got a registration key, and was able to update my firmware. Closing out programs on puter, I accidently hit update under Uniden site, now I lost my key information on there site, At almost 4:30 in the morning, I guess my mind was not thinking, but I am going to leave all alone now, I have it scanning and it works again...I want to thank all of you that shot your help my way, And a special thanks for UPMan for being paitent with all of us rookies....

Status
Not open for further replies.