need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the cable and disk for the pro 106 and cant figure out how to program my scanner can someone please let me know what im doing wrong it just doesnt seem to want to program the scanner thanks in advance chris nightrider

VE3JSO

ok not sure what you are doing need more info but try this after you install the drivers for the cable
click control panel admin tools-computer management- device management then click on ports to see what com port the cable is on if not sure what com port if there is more then one unplug the cable and replug it in and let it refresh if does not auto hit F5 on keyboard might be com4 but double check! some programming software may ask you what port is you cable plug in to

then after that if you don't have a programing softerware like arc500 psr500 or win 500 you can download a trial at there web site just google it and it will come up or for win 500 click on link as my signature once downloaded you can program your scanner that way hope this helps u

VE3JSO

win500 example

but this is how i did it after i downloaded and intall the software and drivers for the cable

Last edited:
thank you for your reply

i am trying to program the police fire amb for the quinte west area and for the toronto area i am new at this digital scanner system and im hopeing it will work better with the information that you gave me thanks again nightrider/chris

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
i suggest a premium membership to this site radioreference ($15-$30 i believe) then the trial version of WIN500,and you can just pick and choose what you want to IMPORT from this site into WIN500 (or other softwarelike arc 500)...

you have i believe 30 days to paly with WIN500, then install arc 500 (AFTER those 30 days) and you will have 30 days to play with arc500.

If you like either then definitly purchase them.

VE3JSO

i am trying to program the police fire amb for the quinte west area and for the toronto area i am new at this digital scanner system and im hopeing it will work better with the information that you gave me thanks again nightrider/chris

not a problem that what we are here for

re pro 106

thanks people for the info on pro 106 but this is way to hard for me to do so im giving up never dreamed it was so tecnacial way out of my reach so thanks again nightrider/ chris

VE3JSO

I suggest keep playing with it you will get it sooner or later it took me a while to get a hang of it and today I am still trying to learn I will try to make you a file from win500 tomorrow after I get of work if you have not done so yet I suggest getting win 500 and pm me your email address I send you the file and all you have to do is upload it to your scanner just make sure the drivers is installed on your computer and you should be fine

re pro 106

my wife paid for a premium service for this but it is under her name and i dont know how to get it i got email that confirmed it im not very good at doing this stuff so any help i can get would be helpful my email address nightrider2859@hotmail.com or and we have free long distance if you want to give me your number and you can walk me though what to do and i dont know how to get that win 500 you are talking about im really not good on this stuff thanks in advance nightrider/chris

Status
Not open for further replies.