Status
Not open for further replies.

88P

I recently purchased the Uniden BC-15x and since having it my hands am unable to listen to the things I need to. I downloaded "Freescan" and spent a couple of hours inputting many frequencies. The frequencies I need are LA County Fire, San Bernardino Fire, LA Sheriff Dispatch, LA Sheriff L-TAC, other tacticals and US Forestry frequencies.

I followed programming instructions via a YouTube video and believe I did that correctly, however, I think my com ports are messed up. If my com ports aren't the problem, then I have no idea what is happening.

I attempted to import my scanner plan into the BCT-15X, but after it gets done with the import, it says I have 11 errors, then the BCT-15X says "Nothing to Scan." My channel plan is approximately 95 channels, but again, it will not load into the scanner.

I purchased the separate cable from scanner master for almost $30. I believe I installed the USB files for the cable.

Can someone PLEASE help me. I am not computer literate so many of the things I look up make no sense to me. I would simply love to get this working so I may be able to scan the frequencies needed (for work).

If anyone can help me to get it working, please email me at hurstsa@ live.com. Thank you very much!!!!

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the upload did work but you may have all the groups locked out. If you set up "quick keys" for the channels that you set up then all you have to do is hit the "1" button for group 1. If you do not have any quick keys set up then they are probably all locked out and you will need to change that in the settings in freescan and or the scanner itself. As for the 11 errors, that could be anything. I do not have a 15X but I do have a 396t and I am familier with Freescan. Someone else maybe closer to you in CA could help. Good Luck!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Since you created the programming in software, you can post the data to this thread as an attachment where someone who also has that software can review the settings.

Blackink

I'm curious, where do you see the "11 errors" message? Is it after the upload from FreeScan to your scanner and you then see that message in the FreeScan software, or do you see it in the display on your scanner?

Thanks....

88P

Freescan Software

The Errors come up as the upload is occurring in Freescan. There is a separate little box (numbers) that climb with errors as the upload is occurring. Thank you

rbm

Make sure that the Com Port speed settings match in BOTH FreeSCAN and in the scanner 'Settings'.
See the attached image for FreeSCAN port setup.

On the scanner:
(Be sure to select the correct Com Port)
Menu --> Settings --> Set Serial Port --> Set Baud Rate --> Front Port (I assume)

Then, click 'Test' on the FreeSCAN Com Port Settings screen.
You should get a message that it found the scanner and is ready to communicate.

Also, out of 40 Uniden scanners I have, only one of them will NOT communicate at 115200.
On that scanner only, I have to reduce the speed (BOTH in FreeSCAN and on the scanner) to 57600 otherwise I'll get errors also.

Rich

Last edited:

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Could be your state setting on the scanner. The systems and groups could be set for California but the scanner itself defaults to Alabama. Pres the FUNC key and the press the Vol key and select the state (i.e. California)

Also after updating from FreeScan you may need to turn off the scanner then turn it back on.

I would recommend the power cycle and then do the state selection process describe above.

Last edited:

Blackink

Any luck yet?!?

88P....have you fixed the problem yet?

Keep us updated as to what you did if indeed it IS fixed.... Thanks

johnv4444

Premium Subscriber
After the download is done from freeSCAN and the "send to scanner box" on your computer says "click close to complete" on the bottom of the box you should do so and then when your scanner shows "nothing to scan" you need to turn your scanner off for a few seconds for the download to complete. When you turn your scanner back on make sure the squelch knob is turned clockwise to about the 11 or 12 o'clock mark. Hopefully that will take care of that problem! As for the 11 errors on the "send to scanner" box when freeSCAN is downloading the frequencies I have no idea??? I get the samething and I have a BCT15X also but everything seems to work properly???

Voyager

and then when your scanner shows "nothing to scan" you need to turn your scanner off for a few seconds for the download to complete.

Where did you get that from? As soon as you close the FreeScan box, the scanner is ready to scan.

If you are getting NOTHING TO SCAN, it's likely you assigned some Quick Keys and did not activate them in the software. Just do that or activate them on the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.