• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need help programming a F5061 radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpy014

Greeting and I hope someone on here can help with my issue. I purchased a F5061 off Ebay, which could be an issue to use in my railroad motorcar and I am having trouble getting the thing to work correctly. I can get the cloning software to read and to write to the radio at first I kept getting a message about updating the firmware due to "Roaming mode= Time Base" I went in and changed digital settings and it took the programming but now I keep getting a flashing display. I did the hold 0 and 3 and my got the number of 4.9 and sum SD07. I am running CS3150/5060 software that is the latest version. So what is my options for getting this thing to work correctly does it need a firmware update or am I missing something. I have a f5021 in my other motorcar and I had no trouble getting it to take programming which is why I got a second Icom for the ease of programming.

I should add the railroad motorcar is for a hobby and not for professional use so I don't think I need the RR programing firmware. I belong to NARCOA and they set up railroads that we are able to take our cars out and run them. Part of the required equipment is a narrowband vhf radio programmed for their personal channels and also with the 96 railroad channels in case of an emergency.

Thanks
Ben

Bill1957

My Icom's :Software 4.9 and radio firmware 5.4. Software version might be a bit low for the firmware version. That's for F5061 and F3161 radios that I have.

Stumpy014

Thanks, should I get the firmware on the radio or get a newer version of the cloning software? If I need firmware update does that have to be a dealer thing or something I could do myself.

Stumpy014

Thank you for the help hopefully this will get me going in the right direction. Do you have a link to finding the firmware updates for this radio. I looked all over icoms page and couldn’t find anything also the best place to find the new cloning software. I got this one from eBay from the antenna farms page.

Status
Not open for further replies.