Need help programming a pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiger

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a pro-106 from radio shack and i am trying to program the bensalem, pa ems and police into the scanner but cant get it to work for some reason can someone please help..... Any help would be greatly appreciated i have the programming cable as well from radio shack but still can not figure it out....

Thanks in advance
Joe

04Z1V6

Joe. Please post this info. Are you using software to program? What is the software? Is the scanner communicating with the computer. Are you programming by hand?

Steiger

Premium Subscriber
I have a paid for the radio reference and win500 and have tried programming through the computer and through the scanner and have no success with either one

Ensnared

Welcome to RR

I recently bought a pro-106 from radio shack and i am trying to program the bensalem, pa ems and police into the scanner but cant get it to work for some reason can someone please help..... Any help would be greatly appreciated i have the programming cable as well from radio shack but still can not figure it out....

Thanks in advance
Joe

Since you recently purchased the Pro-106, there is a bit to learn about this radio. First of all, you should know that GRE makes this radio for Radio Shack. Hence, the radio chassis is the same as the Pro-106.

I can assist you in programming with Win500 software. I am unfamiliar with the other brands. Here is a reference guide for you:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Please, remember, the Pro-106 is pretty sophisticated in comparison to older scanners. The learning curve can be steep for some. But, most survive the steep hill.

While posting this response, I saw where someone was assisting you. I will monitor this thread and help if I can.

Last edited:

Oyabun

Premium Subscriber
Im Having the same problem with my 106! I can't figure out how to use Win500 with the Pro-106?!?!

jfhtm350

Did you install the driver for the usb to serial cable?
Plug the cable in and double click the safely remove hardware icon down in the lower right of the screen to see. Looks like a grey box with a green arrow. You should get a COM number while your there.

Status
Not open for further replies.