Need help programming DMR Tier 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I have fiddled around unsuccessfully for months attempting to successfully program what is listed as a DMR Tier 3 system into my BCD325P2 (with DMR upgrade). i have firmware 1.08.01. The system is Talquin Electric Cooperative Trunking System, Quincy, Florida - Scanner Frequencies.

RRDB lists 3 frequencies for the Tallahassee site, with no LCNs. I have manually entered six new systems as Sys Type "DMR/MotoTRBO" and entered the three frequencies in all six possible LCN sequences (one sequence in each system).

I hear very little, occasionally just one side of a conversation, and none of the LCN sequences seems particularly better than the others.

I live practically line-of-sight from the transmitter so I am confident signal strength is not an issue.
I have loaded the frequencies in to a Conventional system set for Digital audio and hear steady comms loud and clear on two of the three listed frequencies (I must keep the control channel frequency locked out in this mode).

Any suggestions appreciated.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Until you know the LCN's NO UNIDEN SCANNER WILL FOLLOW THAT SYSTEM.
You need a x36 or SDS or a local person that does to run LCN FINDER to work this out. Until then you are wasting time.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I did a RR search for that system and I think someone is discussing figuring out the LCNs now.

chris

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
You have at least two issues keeping you from tracking the TIII system. The fatal issue is that the BCD325P2 appears to need a firmware update to track TIII. See the thread at East Mountain Communications Tier 3 DMR. Read the whole thing to get all the info.

For channel numbers of LCN's, the Talquin system has some sites channel numbers defined on the individual site pages. These appear to be DSD+ slot numbers but they can be converted to LCN's.

For Tallahassee the site is listed as below.
9 451.0375
81 451.2625
421 452.325

I believe the corresponding LCN's would be:
451.0375 -> 4
451.2625 -> 40
452.325 -> 210

Again, I still don't think your scanner can track TIII with its present firmware.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The only Tier III that I can receive and have found my 325 unable to trunktrack is Hytera Tier III. The Motorola Con+ & Cap+ work fine

chris

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
The TIII system referenced in my earlier post is Hytera so that must be the relevant factor. My BCD536HP does track it though so there is still a firmware issue with the 325. If the Talquin system is not Hytera maybe the LCN's I listed will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.