Need help programming Sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
What is it that you want to monitor? Do you want to go the simple approach of using the zip code method and cut down on any special programming or do you want to go into the favorite lists method and set up different lists and populate them with data from the master database?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I think you will find that setting up Favorite Lists with your own custom frequencies, trunk systems, Talk Groups, etc, is always the way to go. Not only do you streamline your own monitoring techniques and narrow your lists down to what you want to hear, but it also helps you to understand your scanner inside and out to better comprehend the capabilities and limitations/restrictions of your radio (especially the programming aspects). I just like the feeling of having my radio tweaked to perfection, and to know it well enough to navigate the features quickly and efficiently when I need to know what is going on around me. You can zipcode it, but to me that's like having a taco for Thanksgiving dinner.

JD
kf4anc

nfd540

W2SJW

Database Admin
You need to check the downloads folder on your PC after you click the link in my signature.

It's a ZIP file that's pretty small, so many people don't even know the download is done in less than a second.

AvidHiker

^ click the last line in the above post: "My Sentinel Favorite Lists"
Yeah, it's quick. I guess it also doesn't look like your standard bright blue link, so could be overlooked.

nfd540

Still cannot figure this out. I would be willing to pay someone in Central or south jersey to program my sds100.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You can send it to some of the scanner dealers they will program it charging by the system. Ask them to update everything too.

Status
Not open for further replies.