Need Help Programming Starcom21 on BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgeek01

Feed Provider
I am trying to program Starcom21 talk groups in southern IL ISP district 11. I am new to programming trunking systems. I tried to do the import from Radio Reference but I am not picking up anything on my STARCOM21Statewi site. I am programming with Freescan. I attached some screenshots of my programming. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 545
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 543
  • Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 561

teufler

just by chance, in Freescan, read the radio, then do a ctrl k. you will see you system assigned keys. do auto assign. save and send to the scanner.possible because you are not hearing, Ill is not assigned to a system key.Also change from system type motorola type 2,p25 to p25 digital. save and send to the scanner.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Being that this is Starcom21, I'm sure tons of those departments are encrypted.

Few, but as many as you think. Very few actually,
Here in S.Central/Southern IL.
Especially Madison/St Clair County. Very different up North

If he's only wanting ISP D 11 He needs to remove or Avoid the other Departments as
Not to overwhelm the scanner.
Tom

MikeyC

I am trying to program Starcom21 talk groups in southern IL ISP district 11. I am new to programming trunking systems. I tried to do the import from Radio Reference but I am not picking up anything on my STARCOM21Statewi site. I am programming with Freescan. I attached some screenshots of my programming. Any help is appreciated.

You have Starcom entered as a "Motorola Type 2" system - it should be entered as a "P25 Standard (XT)" system

techgeek01

Feed Provider
Thanks for all the help. I was able to get the channels working now. The problem was because I had too many talk groups in a system. When I broke it down it worked fine. Now the only department I am having trouble picking up is Highland. Radio Reference does list it as encrypted. Is there anyway of getting around that and being able to decrypt the channel? I attached a screenshot of the Radio Reference page of the channel I am trying to listen to.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 333
Status
Not open for further replies.