Status
Not open for further replies.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
I am using FreeScan to try to program this system: Prince George's County Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies (Prince George's County Trunking System)
I went onto Reddit to r/policescanner and someone sent me a 996 file through gofile.io with the system set-up, but it still wasn't working. It was programmed as a Motorolla system, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a Motorola since it says the system type is "Project 25 Phase II" The weirdest thing is that I had the system working but then one day I must've messed something up and it stopped working, so I deleted it and decided to attempt to reprogram it.
Also, for some reason now there is a frequency under where it says "ID SCAN" for my other P25 system (853.8625)
It doesn't really matter but is there any way I can remove that frequency from showing up like it wasn't before?
(Attached below is a screenshot of the system I was sent to by someone on r/policescanner)

Attachments

• vapp.JPG
    vapp.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 22
I suggest you change your programming to "ID Scan"

With "ID Search", it will scan all channels/talk groups on the system instead of just the channels you want to monitor.

To do that, press in the Silver Knob and quickly press Scan/Search.

You can delete any channel you want in Freescan, but you'll want all of the frequencies listed in the database.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I already have files for PG Co Fire and PD. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. PG Fire South site is on system quick key 23. North site is 24. PG PD South site is 33. North site is 34.

Attachments

• Prince George's Co MD.zip
    4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
I already have files for PG Co Fire and PD. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. PG Fire South site is on quick key 23. North site is 24. PG PD South site is 33. North site is 34.
Thanks. If I don't want to listen to FD, can I delete the system?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Fire system quick keys are 23 for the South site and 24 for the North site. Just press the decimal point and then 2 and then 3. That turns off the South site of Fire. Press the decimal point and then 2 and then 4. That turns off the North site of Fire. When you turn off both sites, Fire will no longer be scanning but it is still available if you have a reason to monitor it. You can turn the sites back on again using the same procedure. PD system quick keys are 33 for the South site and 34 for the North Site. If you have problems receiving both the South and North sites for PD, you can select which site you want by turning off quick key 33 or 34 using the same procedure as you did for the Fire quick keys. You can also change the quick keys for Fire and PD to single digit numbers to make life easier. If you use 1, 2, 3, and 4, you need only to press the corresponding number on the keypad to toggle each on and off.

Last edited:

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Fire system quick keys are 23 for the South site and 24 for the North site. Just press the decimal point and then 2 and then 3. That turns off the South site of Fire. Press the decimal point and then 2 and then 4. That turns off the North site of Fire. When you turn off both sites, Fire will no longer be scanning but it is still available if you have a reason to monitor it. You can turn the sites back on again using the same procedure. PD system quick keys are 33 for the South site and 34 for the North Site. If you have problems receiving both the South and North sites for PD, you can select which site you want by turning off quick key 33 or 34 using the same procedure as you did for the Fire quick keys. You can also change the quick keys for Fire and PD to single digit numbers to make life easier. If you use 1, 2, 3, and 4, you need only to press the corresponding number on the keypad to toggle each on and off.
A bunch of things have changed since I installed your zip file.
1. It now sometimes goes into CloseCall mode without me pressing anything. I have to restart the scanner and only then does it go back to Scan mode. I made sure that CloseCall was set to off.
2. It now has a frequency above where it says S0 (853.8625) I used to have nothing there but now that frequency listed above is always there. I'm assuming there's a setting to turn that off?
3. I'm using FreeScan to record and now the scanner is transmitting very choppy transmissions, which it wasn't doing before. Also, it's saying a certain transmission is 20+ seconds, but absolutely nothing records.
4. When I turn it on, it is displaying "villythekid scanner Prince George's Co" as the very first thing.
Is there a way to uninstall everything that you sent me, since unfortunately none of it worked?

tvengr

Well Known Member
853.8625 is not listed as a frequency for the PG County system. If that is in a large font, the scanner probably found it as a close call frequency. If you see a symbol at the bottom right corner of the scanner screen, close call is turned on. If it is, press the squelch knob a couple of times until it disappears. Once turned off, press the lockout button (L/O) to eliminate the frequency. It is very easy to turn on close call without knowing it by pressing in a little too hard when you turn the squelch knob. Also, did you highlight Erase All Systems & Settings before sending the file to the scanner? That frequency could be from something else previously in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.