Need help programming trunk frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

areeceepb

I can program in the freq. into my Pro-94 no problem... but the nearest trunking system from me is about 30 min. away, unless I go to that city, I cant signal. And I want to program that cities Police, fire, ems, etc.. trunking system because I travel there often. But I dont know how to put in the numbers in the talk group, or whatever you do after you type in the frequencies. Here is what i'm doing:

Program --> Trunk --> then I select the mode I needed to select---> programmed all frequencies that I needed ---->and now i'm stuck. Please Help! Thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well you won't have alpha-tags to worry about, so as long as you have the trunked system frequencies programmed in memory, under the correct trunked mode (I assume Motorola analog, Type II?), then you can press scan and it should find the control channel and start tracking, when you are close enough to receive it.

Make sure the trunked system you wish to monitor is analog or you won't hear anything. The PRO-94 will only monitor conventional frequencies, analog Motorola, or analog EDACS wideband systems. For both Motorola and EDACS systems you will need all the frequencies in memory or it will not trunk scan correctly. EDACS systems will also need the correct frequency order, or Logical Channel Order (LCN).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
areeceepb said:
I can program in the freq. into my Pro-94 no problem... but the nearest trunking system from me is about 30 min. away, unless I go to that city, I cant signal. And I want to program that cities Police, fire, ems, etc.. trunking system because I travel there often. But I dont know how to put in the numbers in the talk group, or whatever you do after you type in the frequencies. Here is what i'm doing:

Program --> Trunk --> then I select the mode I needed to select---> programmed all frequencies that I needed ---->and now i'm stuck. Please Help! Thanks
Actually I think that you are stuck. I never owned a Pro-94 but I think it programmed trunking TG's the same way as the Pro-90 and Pro-91 did, that is you have to be actually monitoring a control channel to enter TG's. I used to cheat (on my Pro-90) by using any adding any local CCh into the mix just to get a signal, then program the TG's for a far-away system (after having already put in all the correct frequencies of course) and once I put in the TG's I was interested in, I deleted the one incorrect (but local) frequency I used to "trick" the scanner. If this how a Pro-94 works and you don't have any other choice you will have to wait until you are within range to do your programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.