Need help programming with ARC300

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcomputers

Premium Subscriber
I have a RadioShack Pro-164 scanner and am trying to use the ARC300 software to program it. I have imported the frequencies I want from RadioReference, however, the problem I am having is after I named and put in the frequencies in the banks that I want, that is not the only agency that is being picked up in that bank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you may be operating in "open mode" Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual (This should bring you to the section of the manual about it)

On the 164, to change from OPEN to CLOSED, scan only the bank you want to change and press "F" and then "." (Function and then DOT). bottom line of display will show OPEN or CLOSED.

In ARC300 click "Bank" then under "Bank Type" you will see the box to click.

Last edited:

mmcomputers

Premium Subscriber
N0WEF, I will give that a try and see if that works.

Gommert, it is for a trunked system

mmcomputers

Premium Subscriber
N0WEF, that was the issue, I changed it to closed mode and things are working correctly. Thanks for the help.

As a new user of Scanner programming software I must say that I don’t know how I did without it, but I do have some questions. I have purchased the ARC-300 version 1.22 4/RS for my PSR-400 and my question has to do with the LockOut feature. I am to assume that in the Attenuator, Delay and LockOut columns must be set to ON to activate one or all of these features? I had set the LockOut to ON for all empty Frequencies and TalkGroups columns that I had left over for each bank but after the Upload it did not LockOut any of them. But I did notice that all the empty Frequencies Banks had the Delay feature turned ON but the Delay column was left blank in the software for each Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.