Need help setting up HDSDR for IF input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh380

Not sure how many of you are familiar with the iFace2 (RF Buffer Interface/IF Tap), but I just had it installed in my RCI-2970N2. I don't have the radio back yet, it's due to arrive on Tuesday. In the meantime, I'd like to have all my settings within HDSDR ready to go, or at least know what settings I have to make, in order to make this thing work.

Even though the iFace2 is fairly new (my unit is numbered 524), from a quick google search there seem to be quite a few other IF Tap interfaces out there besides the iFace2, that seem to all work on the same principles/concepts.

With that in mind, I'm hoping someone here can help me, or tell me, how to set up HDSDR to receive the IF signal from the installed iFace2. I know that the IF Frequency for this radio is 10.695 MHz.

It has also occurred to me that I might be going about this all wrong. There were mentions on their site about using this with OmniRig. I've checked and it doesn't seem that OmniRig supports the RCI-2970N2. Why would it...the radio doesn't come stock with the hardware to talk to it. So this makes me wonder if I even need to tune HDSDR to the IF frequency. I wonder if it's as simple as just tuning HDSDR to the freqency that my radio is on?

Josh380

So I've purchased an HF upconverter, thinking maybe this is why I'm not hearing my IF signal, and it seems maybe I was right. I've made a little progress. I'm now hearing the IF signal that I'm supposed to be hearing. The only problem I'm having now is for starters, I'm only hearing this in SDR Console. SDR# and HDSDR still return no signal, which leads me to believe that there are some settings that need to be adjusted, but I don't know what to adjust. Also, the signal that I'm hearing in SDR Console seems to be scrambled, or inverted..but it matches perfectly with the audio I'm receiving from the radio. Have a listen below...maybe someone can identify which settings I need to adjust by listening to this..idk shot in the dark:

IF Audio from SDR Console

Status
Not open for further replies.