Need help setting up PRO-96 for Stearns County/Central MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak23

I've owned this scanner for a few years. Originally programmed by RadioShack employee, but hasn't worked properly for central mn for some time. Finally thought I'd try and fix it myself, but am a beginner. I tried both ARC96 and WIn96 to select nearby sites and talkgroups/agencies to import/upload to Pro-96. However, after multiple tries I either get the same garbled radio traffic or scanner picks up nothing at all. Am I missing a specific setting? Control channel?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Oak23

I am about 3.36 miles from the St. Cloud Regional Simulcast channels based on the Lat/Long RadioRef web service.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Need Help Setting Up PRO-96 For Stearns County/Central MN

I.....I've owned this scanner for a few years.....but hasn't worked properly for central MN for some time.....

What firmware is your PRO-96?

Last edited:

Oak23

Just upgraded to DSP upgrade patch version U1.4 issued 02-20-2007. Didn't seem to make any difference. I also tried a reset and initialization last night prior to upgrading to 1.4 today.

Last edited:

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
U may be half way inbetween 2 of the simulcast sites which may cause bad decoding of the dig. Signals....

Oak23

Is using Win96 or ARC96 as simple as it seems? Do I need to add anything to a "list" or "virtual" folder (options within these programs). Do I need to have only 1 site/tower per bank or can I load multiple sites and talk groups in one bank? I see that only the blue and red colored freq's are the only ones uploaded. Do I need to add the other "alternate" freq's? Are all the appropriate trunking settings set automatically with these programs when I import from the web service? Thanks for your help.

k9jus

Premium Subscriber
i would be interested in hearing advice on settings of the pro 106. I have issues myself picking up Louisville metro.

Oak23

I saw on the ARMER page that it was rebanded this past summer. Do I need to purchase Win96 or ARC96 to get reband tables?? I've tried to enter reband tables (edit multi tables) I've found on this site without luck. Do these programs automatically load base freq, offset, step, ID delay, sub banks and etc? Very frustrated here... starting to think the Pro-96 will not work with ARMER any more.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Try asking about the rebanding in the uniden forum or look back in the threads. Im pretty sure it will work !

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
As long as you have the newest firmware I dont think you should have to really do anything with rebanding. I just set up my dads Pro-96 last week and did it like I always have in the past with that radio and it worked just fine without messing with any tables or anything. I can verify that the Pro-96 does still work with the ARMER system.

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity

Let us know if you get "motorboating" on the Stearns County system.

Oak23

Not sure what you mean by motorboating, but the occasional traffic I get is garbled. I haven't received any traffic from the local city of Sartell that I want to listen to.

Oak23

Thanks for everyone's help, but still not working. Plan to buy a new scanner.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
As i said earlier you may be right inbetween two of the simulcast sites which makes reception rather nasty with any scanner....

JASII

Memory Capacity

.....but the occasional traffic I get is garbled.....

Yep, I remember that about the PRO-96. To be brutally honest about the PRO-96 on ARMER, the reception was horrible. I would suggest any if the following:

-Uniden BCD396XT,

-Uniden BCD996XT, or

-Uniden Home Patrol

Based on my personal experience with all of them, you would be MUCH happier with any of those Unidens than the PRO-96!

MNRotrMedic

Oak23,
I live near Sartell. I'd be willing to give you a hand with your Pro96 if you're still having trouble. We could meet at Liquid Assets if you like. E-mail me at smilesmatt at gmail dot com.

I have the Win96 software so it wouldn't have to take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.