*NEED HELP* Smyrna TN, rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have some better info on the Smyrna TN rebanding? I have all the new "codes" and "numbers" however, I am getting "cross-over" or "junk" feed in reception. I have checked and as far as I know, talk-groups have changed. I have a Radio-Shack Pro 197. I have all the user settings the same as Metro-Nashville since I believe they are the same type of system. Anyone with some advice?

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have some better info on the Smyrna TN rebanding? I have all the new "codes" and "numbers" however, I am getting "cross-over" or "junk" feed in reception. I have checked and as far as I know, talk-groups have changed. I have a Radio-Shack Pro 197. I have all the user settings the same as Metro-Nashville since I believe they are the same type of system. Anyone with some advice?

Go the main page for Tennessee and type in "Smyrna" in the "Search" box--upper right hand corner. When those pages come up, look at the posts on 1/17/10, "Found Smyrna Trunking!" and it will give you the frequencies and steps needed. Also, Metro is on a digital trunked system, but Smyrna is on an analog trunked system.

jimg, thanks for the info. I have checked, and loaded all that listed info but I am still getting static and "cross-feed". Also, I have noticed the channels are "hitting" at the right times, but I get no voice/transmissions. Only silence or "open-air". Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking you need Win97 software to program the tables or at least it makes it easier.

I looked at "jimg's" message and from that posting he sent me to, made some changes based on some info that was there. I will see tomorrow how that does. I wish I could get the Win97 software to work right. I got a $40 cable from Radio Shack that won't work. I think it has something to do with my computer. I tell ya, Radio Shack isn't what it used to be. I remember the 1st scanner I bought from them. The guy could tell me everything there was about it, and then some, and then some more. Now days, you are lucky if anyone even knows what kind you are talking about. Anyways, thanks to youz guyz for your help. I hope the changes I made work.

Highpockets

I looked at "jimg's" message and from that posting he sent me to, made some changes based on some info that was there. I will see tomorrow how that does. I wish I could get the Win97 software to work right. I got a $40 cable from Radio Shack that won't work. I think it has something to do with my computer. I tell ya, Radio Shack isn't what it used to be. I remember the 1st scanner I bought from them. The guy could tell me everything there was about it, and then some, and then some more. Now days, you are lucky if anyone even knows what kind you are talking about. Anyways, thanks to youz guyz for your help. I hope the changes I made work.

If you have the Pro197 you should be using Win500 not Win97, and you mentioned you purchased the programming cable, become a Premium Member of RR and you can use this guide to assit you with importing data and uploading it to your scanner.

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Update: I am working on getting everything set with the Win500 and a Premium Membership. I have made all the changes to the settings I know to make based on what I've read. Still a "no-go". From the start, I have the settings as:
MOT 800/900,
then under "expert" I have:
ATTEN: on
Narrow FM: no(off)
Dwell: 0
DIG AGC: on
Super Track: off
Multi-Site: Stat
Check all CC: yes
T Tables: Default
Fleet-Map: Type 2 Smartnet.

So, I did read about some Custom Settings that seem to go under the T-Tables, I tried it with those settings as well but still nothing. I again thank everyone for their input. Hope I can get all this figured out.

Highpockets

If you want, you can look at this file or try it, it's only a starter file and if it works for you, add, edit or whatever needed to make it your own.

Last edited:
Highpockets, thanks for the file. I am sure that will be a big help. Can you by chance re-send that as a doc or pdf? I tried to open the zip but for some reason my computer will not de-code it. Thanks for your trouble. Also, I did download the Win500 software and when Radio Shack opens (at 1100) I am going to get a cable. So, maybe by today, I'll be doing better.Again, Thanks.

Highpockets

Highpockets, thanks for the file. I am sure that will be a big help. Can you by chance re-send that as a doc or pdf? I tried to open the zip but for some reason my computer will not de-code it. Thanks for your trouble. Also, I did download the Win500 software and when Radio Shack opens (at 1100) I am going to get a cable. So, maybe by today, I'll be doing better.Again, Thanks.

I sent you a PM (Private Message).

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Update: I am working on getting everything set with the Win500 and a Premium Membership. I have made all the changes to the settings I know to make based on what I've read. Still a "no-go". From the start, I have the settings as:
MOT 800/900,
then under "expert" I have:
ATTEN: on
Narrow FM: no(off)
Dwell: 0
DIG AGC: on
Super Track: off
Multi-Site: Stat
Check all CC: yes
T Tables: Default
Fleet-Map: Type 2 Smartnet.

So, I did read about some Custom Settings that seem to go under the T-Tables, I tried it with those settings as well but still nothing. I again thank everyone for their input. Hope I can get all this figured out.

I have a GRE 500, which, I believe is similar to your scanner. I now receive Smyrna system just fine, but I have some settings which are different from yours,as follows:
ATTEN: OFF
SUPERTRACK: ON
MULTI-SITE: ROAM
T TABLES: CUSTOM (AND THEN YOU MUST ENTER THE TABLES)

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for your help. Got everything fixed and now running. Win500 is the way to go. ;) Again, thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.