need help to program my radioshack pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in quinte west ont and have a bought a digital scanner and can't. Figure out to program it I've tryed everything to get it work but they just don't. Enter in to the scanner I. Hope someone can help me with the programing of this scanner thanks inadvance. Chris

VE3JSO

need more info like what you are trying to program but here is the basic start off
hit pgm func F3 scroll down to bandplan and select canada once selected hit save
now hit pgm hit F1 for conv F2 trunking
to program fleetnet
hit F1 then F1 again selecl scanlist by hit sel to remove the star from default (1) and using the left or right arrow key and hit sel then down arrow key to sys moto vhf/uhv
then scroll down to freq hit sel
then enter freqs from ont fleetnet database only need control channel that marked in red and blue
hit save when done
then scroll down to t tables hit sel then enter the tables in the fleetnet data base
save and repeat for t table 2 and 3 make sure you hit save on each
when your done hit save and save again and you should be up and running
for conv just hit pgm F1 then F2 the sel scan list then freq then save

i suggest getting a programming software alot easier and faster if you have the programming cable if you want to use a trail version just click on the starsoft link in my signature and it will take you to the page where you can download a trail version

also here is a walk thru that mister twister55 did a while back on youtube that shows u how to program
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FVdanCy-pM

here is fleetnet freqs and t tables
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2560

Last edited:
pro 106

thanks for trying but it doesnt work their is nothing that is working and im looking to put the opp for the area in i will check out the video that sent me and see mabe if that works thanks you for your time chris

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
can you load the freqs directly from the RR website with that unit??? if so its worth the subscription to the RR website, i use it all the time, just not sure of your scanner and whether it can be loaded that way?

I will concur with animaljr43 in post #2 above; get the free trial of Don Starr's WIN500 at the link he provides. I programmed my nearest Fleetnet site (Zone 2, Site 2) manually but that was enough! I use WIN500 for both my PRO-106 and my GRE-600, and the same configuration file works for both. If you PM me with a valid email address, I can send you that file, which covers Fleetnet Zone 1 and Zone 2, TPS, Peel, CN Rail, and other frequencies I like to monitor.

VE3JSO

here is some places where you can order the programming cable for the pro 106 if you can't get to a closest radio shack store that does ship to canada

GRE / RadioShack® USB - Computer Police Scanner Programming Cable | eBay

PSRPROGRAMMINGCABLE GRE USB Programming Cable for PSR Scanners
(note the cable from durham radio does state that is gre scanner cable but it should work with radio shack scanner since they are too bult by gre)

https://www.scannermaster.com/RadioShack_USB_Cable_p/22-551123.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.