SDS200 Need help to select the correct antenna adapter for an SDS200

Mobilman44

Just received the SDS200 from Bearcat Warehouse. It is OUTSTANDING, even using the supplied antenna.

But I have a problem......... My attic antenna that I used the the 436 has the "male" screw on end. However, the SDS200 has the twist type connection.

I know there are plenty of adapters out there, but I can't figure out exactly how to identify what I need.

Could anyone enlighten me?

Whiskey3JMC

Avid surfer...of the AIRWAVES!
Premium Subscriber
IF you used the antenna with a 436HP chances are it has an SMA male connector. The SDS200 has a BNC female antenna input. You'll need an SMA female to BNC male adapter like here

Last edited:

epersson

Feed Provider
I believe you want F to BNC - specifically F female to BNC male
Like this - F to BNC Connector, 2-Pack RFAdapter BNC Male Plug to F Female Jack Coax Adapter 75 Ohm, RG6, RG59 Connector for Scanner, Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VVG22WB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_T6YY4CF74AVD89QB4VH8
Cable TV type coax uses F type, the scanners use SMA or BNC on the radio. Amazon has a set that works.
Amazon.com: SMA to BNC Kits RF Coaxial Adapter Male Female Coax Connector 4 Pieces … : Electronics

Mobilman44

THANK YOU !!! I just ordered the adaptor and it should be here in a few days. Meanwhile, the antenna that came with the scanner is doing a really good job. Thank you all for your input and suggestions!

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative