Need Help Troubleshooting Win500 on Ubuntu (Linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBill57

I have the Radioshack Programming cable and I initially setup my PRO-197 in my office on my Win7 PC.

I would really like to get Win500 running on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) Laptop and have managed to get somewhere but it is not usable yet.

Wine has always been running on the Laptop. But, as I worked my way through the Win500 Linux install I downloaded and installed the necessary WINETRICKS files.

When I ‘wine win500’ or ‘wine win500_COM’ I get the initial this is a demo version (just started this Tuesday 2/7/12 night) and 2 seconds later the OK button is available. When I click on the OK button, I get a quick flash of something, then the windows disappears and my Terminal Windows resorts back to my 'home/win500#' prompt.

I’ve tried running a standard user, as-well-as sudo and logging in as root. The same crash occurs with all these users and privileges.

This might be a question for the Ubuntu forum, but I thought I might start here.

Any thoughts how I can troubleshoot the extremely fast crash?

Bill, WM3N

shrek06

Premium Subscriber
I have the Radioshack Programming cable and I initially setup my PRO-197 in my office on my Win7 PC.

I would really like to get Win500 running on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) Laptop and have managed to get somewhere but it is not usable yet.

Wine has always been running on the Laptop. But, as I worked my way through the Win500 Linux install I downloaded and installed the necessary WINETRICKS files.

When I ‘wine win500’ or ‘wine win500_COM’ I get the initial this is a demo version (just started this Tuesday 2/7/12 night) and 2 seconds later the OK button is available. When I click on the OK button, I get a quick flash of something, then the windows disappears and my Terminal Windows resorts back to my 'home/win500#' prompt.

I’ve tried running a standard user, as-well-as sudo and logging in as root. The same crash occurs with all these users and privileges.

This might be a question for the Ubuntu forum, but I thought I might start here.

Any thoughts how I can troubleshoot the extremely fast crash?

Bill, WM3N

Did you ever by chance get this figured out?

Status
Not open for further replies.