Need help Trunking programming WS1095

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipwiller

Hello everyone. I just received the WS1095. I have tried programming the scanner via the unit and via the software. I can not get the trunking to work. In my county Multnomah County Portland Oregon we are on the p25 system There are 7 sites to receive from. I have selected all 7 and have selected just one. No difference same outcome. I only hear a couple of the talk groups. Using the Police 5.0 app on my phone I know that there are several conversations going on and my scanner is not picking them up at all. At times I can hear talk groups and at times nothing. There has to be a setting in the scanner or the software that I am doing wrong. Any Idea's here would be great. Thank you so much in advance.

I have selected all 7 and have selected just one. No difference same outcome. I only hear a couple of the talk groups.
Try to determine the control channels you can actually receive.

While the scanner is scanning frequencies you can't receive, you are missing traffic on the frequencies you CAN receive.

Here is an "Easier to Read" manual so you can check the programming.

Easier to Read Whistler WS1095/1098 Base/Mobile Scanner and Software Manual

Good luck!

pgates

Also, make sure you include a wildcard talk group. That way, you catch whatever talk groups might be active that are not on your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.