Need help trying to add same trunk to scan list

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboywildbill

Premium Subscriber
Hi I'm trying to finish programming my 800 using ez scan. I set up a bunch of different jurisdictions on my scan list and renamed the alpha tags. I have a county trunking system loaded in the # ten spot on the scan list. I blocked out all of the FD & non Law TG's on that list so I can monitor only The Sheriff TG's. I named that one Fred Co Sheriff. What I would like to do is load the same trunking system into the # 11 scan list spot and rename that one Fred Co FD. And then block out everything but Fire TG's.
The problem I am having is when I try to import the same system into a different spot it will update but won't highlight the tab that allows me to select a scan list spot to import into. Is it possible to do this?
Or will it not let me because I have already entered that system and you can't enter it twice?
I have tried every way I can figure to get it to load, but with no luck. I would like to set it up that way so I can just listen to Sheriff or the FD by just turning the scan list off or on and not hitting the skip button to block one or the other all of the time. And also I would like to drop the data thresholds value down on a TDMA system I monitor in order to clear up the voice a little, I read that it helps.
But no matter what I try the data thresholds tabs don't highlight even when I pick a system on trunked radio systems option and even pick the site.
Any idea's Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:

rwier

Hi I'm trying to finish programming my 800 using ez scan. I set up a bunch of different jurisdictions on my scan list and renamed the alpha tags. I have a county trunking system loaded in the # ten spot on the scan list. I blocked out all of the FD & non Law TG's on that list so I can monitor only The Sheriff TG's. I named that one Fred Co Sheriff. What I would like to do is load the same trunking system into the # 11 scan list spot and rename that one Fred Co FD. And then block out everything but Fire TG's.
The problem I am having is when I try to import the same system into a different spot it will update but won't highlight the tab that allows me to select a scan list spot to import into. Is it possible to do this?
Or will it not let me because I have already entered that system and you can't enter it twice?
I have tried every way I can figure to get it to load, but with no luck. I would like to set it up that way so I can just listen to Sheriff or the FD by just turning the scan list off or on and not hitting the skip button to block one or the other all of the time. And also I would like to drop the data thresholds value down on a TDMA system I monitor in order to clear up the voice a little, I read that it helps.
But no matter what I try the data thresholds tabs don't highlight even when I pick a system on trunked radio systems option and even pick the site.
Any idea's Thanks for your help in advance.

Normally I only try to give step by step info, but you spelled out your question pretty well.

On the trs tab/page highlight the old trs. use duplicate (over at the right)
immediately rename the dup

Just as an aside, I "import" the total giant trs and never touch it. I dup, rename, and then go in and trim it down to the agencies, department, frequencies, etc., that I want to go with the new name. You can also control sites that way (just keep the primary site/s for the renamed group, cuts down on the intermess or whatever it's called.

cowboywildbill

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a try today. I did notice that on some of the trunking systems the threshold tabs will highlight, but on the one I would like to lower the threshold "Loudoun Co,Va." The tabs don't highlight for that system? I don't know if lowering it for that TDMA system really helps clear up some of the voice distortion or not. I think I read somewhere else on the Forum that it helps to clear up the voice transmissions if you lower it to 55 from 75. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.