Need help understanding the 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

slivy

Have no clue ?

I have the 996T been programming it. Have no clue how to program in the 800 mhz freq or where or how to set it up. Am on ver 2 all firmwear updated. Getting local traffic crisp and clear with 5 bars for recp. Have fire dept in my backyard and ambulance dispatch up the road. less than a half mile. Here in Auburn, ME
I have been reading 2 x now the scanner book. Just a bit confused on what I'm doing wrong here. I haven't even attempted the p25 yet.
Any help out there ?
Thanks

Viper43

Are you having an issue with the firmware or just being able to program the 996. If you can't program the 996 start a seperate thread and put in it where you are ie: city/county and state and what you want to monitor. This threads for issues with doing the update.

Highpockets

slivy said:
I have the 996T been programming it. Have no clue how to program in the 800 mhz freq or where or how to set it up. Am on ver 2 all firmwear updated. Getting local traffic crisp and clear with 5 bars for recp. Have fire dept in my backyard and ambulance dispatch up the road. less than a half mile. Here in Auburn, ME
I have been reading 2 x now the scanner book. Just a bit confused on what I'm doing wrong here. I haven't even attempted the p25 yet.
Any help out there ?
Thanks

I don't know if this will help, but, you can check it out.

http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/996/996.html

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The above posts taken from another thread and started as it's own subject.

Please don't contribute to "thread drift", only post on topic in threads that are already established, or start your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.