Status
Not open for further replies.

morgancr2018

So i am looking into getting either the Uniden BCD536HP or the Beartracker885 and i am going to need help with programming as i have never had a scanner this advance. i will need help with setting up Talgroups so that i can listen to the ones for Pottawatomie County Kansas listed under Kansas Statewide Interoperability Communications System. im not sure which sites i will need or anything like that, if i could get DETAILED Instructions for the BCD536HP and the BearTracker 885 that would be greatly appreciated

ramblin82

Back when I had my BCD536HP the following YT channel helped me get it programmed. Scroll down & checkout his videos on programming the BCD536HP.

K4DPS

I hope this helps you out, good luck!

Last edited:

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
We would be happy to help some. If you call us at 1-80-297-1023, we can send you programming instructions, help you with sentinel and other basic setup.

morgancr2018

Thanks guys, glad to see some people are more than willing to help =)

Back when I had my BCD536HP the following YT channel helped me get it programmed. Scroll down & checkout his videos on programming the BCD536HP.

K4DPS

I hope this helps you out, good luck!

Ill definitely check the video and the channel out

We would be happy to help some. If you call us at 1-80-297-1023, we can send you programming instructions, help you with sentinel and other basic setup.
Whats the number? 1-800-297-1023??? JW cause you put 1-80 instead of 800

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So i am looking into getting either the Uniden BCD536HP or the Beartracker885 and i am going to need help with programming as i have never had a scanner this advance. i will need help with setting up Talgroups so that i can listen to the ones for Pottawatomie County Kansas listed under Kansas Statewide Interoperability Communications System. im not sure which sites i will need or anything like that, if i could get DETAILED Instructions for the BCD536HP and the BearTracker 885 that would be greatly appreciated
If you are wanting to set up specific programming for your area, the BearTracker would not be a good choice. That is a CB-scanner combo, which is better suited to be used mobile, in a vehicle. While you could listen to your area by setting the location, you cannot program or change the pre-programmed defaults on the 885.

The 536HP, on the other hand, can be programmed using Favorites lists, which you can create in the provided Sentinel software. There's a lot of knowledgeable members on this site, and a number of helpful articles in the Wiki, in addition to the previous mentioned YouTube videos. You might also be able to connect with someone closer to your area in the Kansas regional forum, who could give you more specific tips for your systems of interest.

Whats the number? 1-800-297-1023??? JW cause you put 1-80 instead of 800
You are correct. The number is 1-800-297-1023.

wbswetnam

I've never owned or even seen a BearTracker 885 but I have a BCD536HP. I think that I know it pretty well. We'll do our best to assist you with it.

Ubbe

The BCD536HP might be advanced but it have never been as easy to use a scanner as it is with the latest scanners models. Download the latest database to the scanner and enter your current GPS coordinates or zip code and select location controlled scanning and select what service types you want to monitor, probably all of them as a start to see what range you can receive. That's all you need to do to get you started.

/Ubbe

morgancr2018

yup, sorry about the typo.

no problem

If you are wanting to set up specific programming for your area, the BearTracker would not be a good choice. That is a CB-scanner combo, which is better suited to be used mobile, in a vehicle. While you could listen to your area by setting the location, you cannot program or change the pre-programmed defaults on the 885.

The 536HP, on the other hand, can be programmed using Favorites lists, which you can create in the provided Sentinel software. There's a lot of knowledgeable members on this site, and a number of helpful articles in the Wiki, in addition to the previous mentioned YouTube videos. You might also be able to connect with someone closer to your area in the Kansas regional forum, who could give you more specific tips for your systems of interest.

You are correct. The number is 1-800-297-1023.

Thanks a lot that definitely helps make my decision on which to get, besides i already have a CB Radio.
Also does anyone have a wiki link for the BCD536HP for Talkgroup setup so that i can go straight to that and easily follow instructions to start listening to my area talkgroups, and does anyone have any idea on where to find the Kansas Regional Forum

Last thing i think for now, Uniden Support, when will the BCD536HP Be Back in stock on uniden.com ???

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
The BearTracker 885 is very limited as a scanner. It monitors only Police Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch and Public Works service types.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="morgancr2018, post: 3152839, member: 1184909"

Last thing i think for now, Uniden Support, when will the BCD536HP Be Back in stock on uniden.com ???[/QUOTE]
Just because the 536HP, or any other Uniden scanner, is out of stock on Uniden's site is meaningless. Uniden fills orders for their distributors, and the larger dealers that get their stock directly from Uniden, before adding stock for their own website. Generally, the cost for a specific (new) scanner will be higher on Uniden's site than it is from one of the third part sellers such as ScannerMaster or Bearcat Warehouse, among others. The 536HP shows as out of stock on Uniden, with a cost of $499.99. On the Bearcat Warehouse site, the cost is $479.90.

morgancr2018

i know all of this scanner master says out of stock as well and theirs witht the configs could be up to 800 but as low as like 500. but anyways, do you know anyone who still has BCD536HP's for sale

wizardofid

i know all of this scanner master says out of stock as well and theirs witht the configs could be up to 800 but as low as like 500. but anyways, do you know anyone who still has BCD536HP's for sale

I just ordered a new one from Amazon on July 4th. It was priced at $495.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.