Need HELP what am I doing wrong??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused1234

Ok I have a 396xt, I put all the frequencies in for the North Simulcast tower, I put all the talkgroups for the NOPD, I hear nothing!!! I get three bars on the signal. I used freescan to do the programming. I don't know what to do????? I also put all of the frequencies for the PanAm site and no luck????? I have the same issue with the LA State Police, both Troops B and L. I put in the abita tower in for troop L and I get audio every now and then.

GNOFire

if you are in mandeville, then you may not be able to pick up any agencies on the southshore. I spend time between the north and southshores quite frequently. When I am in the Covington/Folsom/Mandeville area I am only able to consistently monitor LSP Troop L on the LWIN as well as most of the St Tammany fire districts on the conventional network. Occasionally I will hear excerpts of conversations from other agencies if I am lucky, but most southshore traffic ends before i get off of the Causeway. It appears that we have distance and lack of portables from the southshore agencies connected to the Abita/Covington tower working against us. Hopefully this answers your question although it may not be the answer you were looking for...

Confused1234

Same

Same situation here. I live in Mandeville and work in Chalmette. I got the problem I had figured out, I had the systems set as the wrong type. I think it is working now, we will see on the way to work tomorrow. I have the same issue, I was hoping that some towers on this side had connections to NOPD and SBSO. I guess not. I had the STFD frequencies in my Yeasu FT8800R. As you know they are close to the 2 meter band.

Status
Not open for further replies.