Need help What am I doing wrong???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused1234

No help from Louisiana forum, so I will ask here....

Ok I have a 396xt, I put all the frequencies in for the North Simulcast tower, I put all the talkgroups for the NOPD, I hear nothing!!! I get three bars on the signal. I used freescan to do the programming. I don't know what to do????? I also put all of the frequencies for the PanAm site and no luck????? I have the same issue with the LA State Police, both Troops B and L. I put in the abita tower in for troop L and I get audio every now and then.

Also, When I watch the scan process on some groups the signal for the North tower is strong and on other groups it is not.

Other than the spacific Louisiana information can anyone help with general programming? All of the ID's I am listening to are within the LWIN system.

captclint

Mentor
I did a little of both, I used the ez-grab function in freescan and I also put some in by hand.
Ezgrab is a limited function for those who can't download directly. It does not set up the system para's. Since nothing you did seems to work, I would try downloaded directly by using File, Import, RR Trunked for one or 2 of these systems to see if that will solve your problem.

Confused1234

Thank you....

Thank you for the information. I had the systems set up as the wrong type. I did not realize that FreeScan had the function to build the systems for you. Good to know.

SCPD

QRT
Local help

Thank you for the information. I had the systems set up as the wrong type. I did not realize that FreeScan had the function to build the systems for you. Good to know.

Post your query in your state forum, and see if someone who lives near you will volunteer to meet you at a diner, you buy them coffee and an omelette, and they show you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.