Need help whith antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

vant6

Hi, I'm new to the scanning world and have a Uniden 396T scanner. I recentl upgraded the original duckie antenna with the Watson W889 and love the antenna. I found that with this antenna I can sometimes reach the MPSCS system over in michigan (I live in Ontario). I can barely pick up the richmond tower (with one bar sometimes) which is about 22 Miles away. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an antenna which will improve my reception. Bearing in mind that I cannot get a base antenna, it has to be a duckie.

Any help would be great.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey Vant, Well it sounds like you already have a quality radio and antenna. That's about all you are going to be able to accomplish with a handheld portable. By their very nature, they are designed to do what they can and you really shouldn't invision their being able to pick up signals a hundred miles away or whatever.

If you need or want greater capability, then you'll probably have to step up to base antennas and even higher quality-capable tabletop receiver.

You rig's working fine

Dubbin

Feed Provider
You may want to try one of the radio shack 800mhz antennas. It made a HUGE difference on my PRO-96 and BCD396T for picking up Ohio's MARCS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.