Need Help with a Yeasu VX-3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2ZY0

I am having a problem with my VX-3R. I have a repeater in my local area that activates with the Tone setting only, and does not work when in full TSQ Mode. My problem is that I cannot automaticly set my VX-3R to Tone Only Mode for this paticuar reoeater, and have it stay there. Is there any way I can set this paticular repeater to Tone Only Operation, and keep it there without having to do it manually every time I use this repeater? It is a bit annoying.

Thanks for any help,

KB2ZYO

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am having a problem with my VX-3R. I have a repeater in my local area that activates with the Tone setting only, and does not work when in full TSQ Mode. My problem is that I cannot automaticly set my VX-3R to Tone Only Mode for this paticuar reoeater, and have it stay there. Is there any way I can set this paticular repeater to Tone Only Operation, and keep it there without having to do it manually every time I use this repeater? It is a bit annoying.

Thanks for any help,

KB2ZYO

Read the manual or try searching on google. You should be able to enter the frequency/ tone in the vfo and then save it to a memory, so you won't have to enter the tone all the time.

n9zas

KB2ZY0

Thanks for the reply, N9ZAS. But setting the PL Tone is not my problem. That is working fine/. The problem is that every time I use this paticular repeater, I have to Maiually deactivate the SQ setting to use it. I have about 12 other local repeaters programmed, and this is the only one that forces me to manually deactivate the SQ srtting before I can use it. If I use one of my other frequencies, and come back to the one I am having trouble with, it has reverted back to the fullTSQ Setting, and I have to manually deactivate it all over again.

As I said, it is quite annoying.

MarkWestin

The problem is that when you are changing the settings to use that repeater, your new settings are not being saved into the memory channel that you have programmed into the radio. You will have to reprogram that channel into your radio's memory for it to "stick".

Mark

W2NJS

The radio has two types of CTCSS settings. On one the radio transmits the tone to access the repeater but receives CSQ. In the other the radio transmits the tone to access the repeater but needs a tone FROM the repeater to open the squelch on your radio. It sounds as if you have the second example set on your radio and the repeater is probably NOT transmitting a tone so your radio won't "open" when the repeater transmits. The common terms used for the two settings are "tone" for the first example and "tone squelch" for the second example. This whole subject has to be spelled out in the operating manual for your radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.