Need Help with Alabama State-wide EDACS (Troopers, etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8ATF

I am going to be in Covington County near Andalusia for a few months. I was hoping someone could please help me with the frequencies, LCN, and some talk groups? I know there are active sites there, I heard them while scanning the 800 mhz band, but I was just doing an upper/lower limit search, so I have no idea what all of the frequencies / LCN for programming into my scanner would be. It is not necessary, but I would be super grateful if someone also had the talk groups and alpha tags for them in the areas of Covington, Conecuh, Butler, Coffee, Crenshaw, Escambia, and Pike Counties. I can not find any data listed on those counties for the AL DPS (Troopers), but I can hear them on 800 mhz by doing a limit search, they just did not talk enough for me to get but 2 frequencies, as i was passing through and it was fairly quiet that time of night.

Thank you in advance for any help at all.
Walter - kg4bvd

N8ATF

Thank you, but I have seen that.

It does not have any info on sites in the covington county area nor the Troop in that area. I appreciate your reply very much though.
Thank you,
Walter Jinright - kg4bvd

puzzleriddle

the EDACS site(s) are no longer in use by mOST areas( no longer exist even) the have gone TDMA" on and on 700/Mhz for troopers at least.
dsee recent post on here for AL DPS

DARRELL

Premium Subscriber
You only need the VHF frequencies to monitor Alabama State Troopers at present. New dual band radios have been installed in several vehicles statewide but everyone is still dispatched on VHF. The new radios are just preparing for the future and for interoperability in areas where local agencies already utilize 700/800 P25 systems. I would not even waste my time programming EDACS in any area for DPS. Also, most administrative communications is conducted via Southern LINC which can not be monitored.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Alabama Help

Walter the state troopers in SE Alabama are still using VHF. Here in Houston county the base use 158.79 & the cars use 159.03. Seven or Eight counties in the SE corner of Alabama have been combined into one
dispatch center I think, someone else might know more on that. Go to this web site and enter KIB508 into the callsign box and enter, then click on KIB508 and then on Frequencies and it will show list of frequencies used around the southeast. I think the dispatch transmits on multiple frequencies.

License Search - Advanced License Search

You can do the same for the following:
Covington County - KNGE817
Coffee County - WQEQ901 they have gone digital NDXN partially I think
- WQET641
Enterprise - they have gone digital NDXN
Andalusia - WPZA262
Opp - WPQZ692
- WQLC275

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Alabama Help

Walter I misread my notes, lookup KIA310, KIB510 & KIF827 for the state trooper frequencies.

Mil

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Walter try 154.920 base no delay pair with car 155.445 and 107.2 tone also no delay for State Troopers you will hear Evergreen State and Mobile State on this pair. Evergrren is now a part time base. Also program in for Dothan State 158.79o & the cars use 159.03o. both have no delay. No 800 mhz for the troopers unless they are in a city where 800 mhz is used. Also try 146.970 neg off set and no tone for Brewton Ham Radio and 147.260 with 100 hz tone Pos offset for Andalusia and 146.640 neg offset and 100 hz tone for Opp Ham Radio.

bama9999

It does not have any info on sites in the covington county area nor the Troop in that area. I appreciate your reply very much though.
Thank you,
Walter Jinright - kg4bvd

You're quite welcome. I'm sorry that my info wasn't helpful, but I see that several others have since posted with a good bit of info for what you need for that area, so it looks like things worked out after all.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.