Need Help With Bryan, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Since I have not monitored Bryan, Texas in some time, I attempted to download the old system to see if there was any activity remaining.

Now, I've never encountered any difficulty downloading this system, but I am quite perplexed by this message:

“the selected sites appear to be a mix of Default & Splinter 800 mhz frequencies, and may not work in a single TSY. Do you want Win500 to attempt to create a custom table? You will likely have to modify it afterwards, as some of the channel ranges may overlap.”

I don't know what to do on this.

I've read about Bryan joining the TxWarn P25 system.

For example, others have reported that Waco has migrated city services, etc. to TxWarn P25. This statement is only partially true. All I am hearing on Waco is select PD channels and ETMC, not full migration.

This is why I attempted to download the older Bryan trunking system.

I would appreciate feedback from those living in the Bryan-College Station area. Should I ditch this effort because the TSY is basically dead?

DWW

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Since I have not monitored Bryan, Texas in some time, I attempted to download the old system to see if there was any activity remaining.

Now, I've never encountered any difficulty downloading this system, but I am quite perplexed by this message:

“the selected sites appear to be a mix of Default & Splinter 800 mhz frequencies, and may not work in a single TSY. Do you want Win500 to attempt to create a custom table? You will likely have to modify it afterwards, as some of the channel ranges may overlap.”

I don't know what to do on this.

I've read about Bryan joining the TxWarn P25 system.

For example, others have reported that Waco has migrated city services, etc. to TxWarn P25. This statement is only partially true. All I am hearing on Waco is select PD channels and ETMC, not full migration.

This is why I attempted to download the older Bryan trunking system.

I would appreciate feedback from those living in the Bryan-College Station area. Should I ditch this effort because the TSY is basically dead?

DWW
Looking at the Bryan/Brazos County TRS in the database, I believe you are getting that error message from Win500 because the system is not correctly "tagged" as rebanded. Looking at the mix of frequencies:
851.90000 852.20000 852.56250 852.86250c 853.16250c 853.43750c 853.78750c
These frequencies, being below 854.0000mhz, would have been issued when the system was rebanded. Based on the history under the site license, WPYE303, that process was completed in May of last year & the 866->868Mhz frequencies were deleted at that time. To listen to this system, you would use the custom table for a rebanded 800 Mhz system. That's one of the choices in Win 500.

However, also on the database page for the system is the statement that all of the public users (except maybe some fire dispatch) is over on TxWARN P25. It apparently was still being used for public works at the time of that update, and might still be "up" as a backup, but it does not sound like much activity.

You can either add the Bryan area sites' control channels to your existing TxWARN P25 TSYS (which currently has the Waco area site & talkgroups), and also import the talkgroups, or just set up a new TxWARN for the Bryan area. Several of the other counties/cities in that area are also over on TxWARN P25 now, based on this sizeable thread.

In Win500, you can import the additional data (Bryan area site(s) & talkgroups) into your current TxWARN by specifying the TSYS object id to add them to, during the import process.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Bryan city services are still using the system. SO Primary and Bryan Fire Primary are still patched to it for some reason. BPD's channels have been quiet since they moved to TxWARN earlier this year. It's still a (somewhat) active system, but mainly in the daytime now.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
mfn002, I am working on cleaning up the page with current info, so if you have some spare time can you browse the Brazos County page and look at the text, related trunk systems, and VHF/800 conventional repeaters and let me know either by submission or post what needs to be updated. I am especially interested in which conventional data needs to be marked deprecated.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Rattler--
Reed Arena has stopped using their UHF channels (I think they moved to the TAMU system--but I'm not sure).
The Bryan Compost Center has moved to TxWARN and is no longer on the Brazos County system (as far as I know).
The Constables VHF channel (158.895) has been quiet for months--so I don't think they're using it anymore.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Rattler--
Reed Arena has stopped using their UHF channels (I think they moved to the TAMU system--but I'm not sure).
The Bryan Compost Center has moved to TxWARN and is no longer on the Brazos County system (as far as I know).
The Constables VHF channel (158.895) has been quiet for months--so I don't think they're using it anymore.
Thanks. Are the old SO 1 and 2 repeaters non active? What about the old VHF downtown jail channel, 155.130?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Are the old SO 1 and 2 repeaters non active? What about the old VHF downtown jail channel, 155.130?

The SO repeaters are still active. As for the downtown jail, I've actually never heard that frequency before, so I have no idea if it is still in use or not.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Interesting comments. I believe I will wait on updating the Bryan-College Station area. Thanks for your comments.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
It Worked

mfn002, I am working on cleaning up the page with current info, so if you have some spare time can you browse the Brazos County page and look at the text, related trunk systems, and VHF/800 conventional repeaters and let me know either by submission or post what needs to be updated. I am especially interested in which conventional data needs to be marked deprecated.

This time, when I downloaded the Bryan/Brazos county trunking system, it worked. I did see any boxes that indicated there were fractured frequencies like before.

But, afterward, I noticed the number of Talk Groups listed as "deprecated." There does not seem to be a great deal of traffic left on this system.

Thanks for updating the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.