Need help with Cobb County APCO 25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Don, that is for the Douglas county system. I know those in Cobb can hear it. It might work though. I've never had a problem with just the Cobb and Fulton county CC's in the 106.
Larry

DonS

In the first post, you said "When I go to the TSYS analyse screen, it does in fact decode control channels and shows the correct system ID."

On which frequency does that happen?

Can you capture some CCDump data? (Turn on CCDump at the bottom of the PROG FUNC GLOB menu, then capture the data via the options in Win500's Monitor/Control tab.)

N8IAA

I just added it, nothing.

Have you tried any conventional frequencies to see if they work? Have you tried receiving one of the WX channels? Has the radio worked before this? Is it new? If so, and it's in the thirty day return window, take it back and get another one. Don't know what else it could be.
Larry

DonS

Have you tried any conventional frequencies to see if they work? Have you tried receiving one of the WX channels? Has the radio worked before this? Is it new? If so, and it's in the thirty day return window, take it back and get another one. Don't know what else it could be.
Larry

His first post said the scanner is decoding the control channel. That would seem to indicate that the receiver, DSP, and CPU are all working.

The question is why it's not trunking out to voice channels in scan mode. Almost certainly not a hardware problem, if the CC is decoding correctly.

RomeRon

I noticed in your first post you have ARC500, give it a try.

Attachments

• cobbcounty.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 7
It works fine on the Fulton system, Marta, and plenty of conventional frequencies (including WX).

It's odd, it's almost like it's just deaf to cobb. Even when it does decode anything (on 857.2125 is where I picked up the data) it's very low signal strength (usually around 30%).

Highpockets

It works fine on the Fulton system, Marta, and plenty of conventional frequencies (including WX).

It's odd, it's almost like it's just deaf to cobb. Even when it does decode anything (on 857.2125 is where I picked up the data) it's very low signal strength (usually around 30%).

If you listen using the tune mode, enter the CC you hear the best, does it tell you if it's P25 or M36?

After this question I'll back off and just read.

N8IAA

Have you tried it with the attenuator on as was suggested?
Larry

DonS

Is your "30%" coming from the TSYS Analyze display? If so, that's not signal strength - it's the control channel decode success rate (i.e. the scanner is successfully decoding 30% of the control channel messages that it's expecting).

30% is awfully low.

EDIT: and 30% would probably keep the scanner from locking onto the control channel.

Is your "30%" coming from the TSYS Analyze display? If so, that's not signal strength - it's the control channel decode success rate (i.e. the scanner is successfully decoding 30% of the control channel messages that it's expecting).

30% is awfully low.

EDIT: and 30% would probably keep the scanner from locking onto the control channel.

Yes, ok, that makes sense. Once it got up to 80%. Again, I know the Cobb County system is super crappy (I was on the cobb system myself at one point in my LEO career even the analog system was crappy) but dang, can't be that bad...

RomeRon

If he's having problems when using software from the guy who wrote the scanner's firmware, it seems unlikely that any other software would solve those problems.

Your right DonS if something was wrong with the sofware then he wouldn't be picking up anything, I tried every other thing I knew to try.
I think it is time for me to sit back and read, because I am out of ideas.:eek:

DonS

In one of the files I posted and the one that is programed in my Pro106 which receives Cobb there is only 4 frequencies and 857.2125 is the control channel. In the videos it shows two CC's

In his video, the scanner is not able to decode 857.212500MHz (the "decode percentage" field is left blank). He's only getting 8-10% decode on 853.787500MHz - not nearly enough for the scanner to successfully track the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.