Need help with Cobb County APCO 25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a GRE PSR-500, and have both Win500 (the better one, I've realized) and ACR500.

While I've had much better luck with the Win500 software, and especially it's operation overall, I have not been able to get Cobb County, GA to work on this scanner. I am located in the heart of the county, so location isn't an issue.

I've tested the radio on surrounding systems and they work perfectly fine. I've tried the stock as well as the 800mhz Radio Shack antenna.

Cobb County P25 Trunking System, Metro Atlanta, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

That's the system I'm trying to program in. When I go to the TSYS analyse screen, it does in fact decode control channels and shows the correct system ID.

However, while on scan, it stops on a talkgroup, but there is zero audio.

Here is a screenshot of the TSYS screen:
Screen Shot 2012-01-20 at 9.08.11 PM.png

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
The Cobb County system, in one word - SUCKS! They are way behind on the Vocoders for that system. If you will monitor Atlanta, DeKalb, Gwinnett (what you can of theirs), you will hear a world of difference. Even the dispatchers have problems hearing the units in the field. You will just have to bear with it until they decide to come up to the real world.

RomeRon

I have a GRE PSR-500, and have both Win500 (the better one, I've realized) and ACR500.

While I've had much better luck with the Win500 software, and especially it's operation overall, I have not been able to get Cobb County, GA to work on this scanner. I am located in the heart of the county, so location isn't an issue.

I've tested the radio on surrounding systems and they work perfectly fine. I've tried the stock as well as the 800mhz Radio Shack antenna.

Cobb County P25 Trunking System, Metro Atlanta, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

That's the system I'm trying to program in. When I go to the TSYS analyse screen, it does in fact decode control channels and shows the correct system ID.

However, while on scan, it stops on a talkgroup, but there is zero audio.

Here is a screenshot of the TSYS screen:
Screen Shot 2012-01-20 at 9.08.11 PM.png

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

From looking at the screen shot, I would try to put them in scanlist 2, there could have been something saved in in scanlist 1 where all saves are stored, and I would try turning Multi Site mode to Stationary. It's worth a try until somebody else checks in that knows more about Win500 than I do, Which isn't a lot.

Last edited:
B7Spectra,

Name sounds familiar, Mike M? So my issue is, I hear absolutely nothing. Not even garbled. I've seen the feeds in person and they seem to pick up just fine, obviously not as good as an APX but at least it is something.

As for the stationary, believe me I've tried. Lol, I've done it all. I started with a fresh code plug. But I'll go ahead and put them in 2. Thanks for the advice and help.

RomeRon

In the download for Cobb County. Atlanta and Douglas County are list in the sites box also.
Why does the Fulton and Douglas County have 2 Control Channels?
Fulton has 2 CC's & 3 Alt and Douglas has 2 CC's & 1 Alt.

Last edited:
In the download for Cobb County. Atlanta and Douglas County are list in the sites box also.
Why does the Fulton and Douglas County have 2 Control Channels?
Fulton has 2 CC's & 3 Alt and Douglas has 2 CC's & 1 Alt.

I thought about that also, I wonder if that's the problem, I'm using the RR download through Win500...

Nice, thank you very much.

Unfortunately, after trying both of those, same thing...just sits on scan and nothing. Maybe my radio is deaf? I've made sure to update the firmware.

Yes, I reset it to default, read the radio, and imported from radio reference. That didn't work.

Then I got the two files above, and yes, I activated the 2nd scanlist, that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.