Need help with Detroit FD / PD information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanleary77

Myself and my cousin are going to Detroit May 1st - 4th to chase some fire, visit some firehouses and who knows what else. . . .I would like to use my GRE PSR500 & my cousin is also going to bring his Uniden BCD996XT. Will we be able to pick up anything while we are out there?

I tried looking up information on the area, but I am lost on pretty much all of it.

Can anyone help me out with the frequencies and whatever else for the area. Thanks in advance!

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Myself and my cousin are going to Detroit May 1st - 4th to chase some fire, visit some firehouses and who knows what else. . . .I would like to use my GRE PSR500 & my cousin is also going to bring his Uniden BCD996XT. Will we be able to pick up anything while we are out there?

I tried looking up information on the area, but I am lost on pretty much all of it.

Can anyone help me out with the frequencies and whatever else for the area. Thanks in advance!

You will need to program the Detroit Simulcast site of the statewide MPSCS system. That info can be found here... Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

You can also scroll down to Wayne County and you will see all the Detroit talkgroups. You will want the DFD dispatch talkgroup along with all the fire scene talkgroups, as that is where all responding units flip to after first arriving units confirms a working fire.

Scanners have a hard time trying to decode the digital signals of simulcast systems especially the Detroit one due to the high number of towers the system uses.

If all else fails you can download a scanner radio smart phone app and listen to DFD that way, keeping in mind data usage. This is a good option if your scanner has a hard time with the system because the person who streams the DFD feed is using an actual Motorola radio to stream with.

Other stuff: you can get DPD off the Detroit Simulcast. All other agencies in Wayne county will require you to program the Wayne County Simulcast, Northville site, and Consortium of Eastern Wayne site.

Status
Not open for further replies.