Need help with La. State Police channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjf1923

HELP..I have a pro-91 scanner. I have gone to the rr database under the State of La. and have programmed into the scanner, every red number and every blue number down the list, as well as all of the freq. for the Buras tower, Bridge City, and Slidell, trying to find the control frequencies for the State Police. I have not been able to lock on a control freq. yet. What am I doing wrong? I live in St Bern. parish, so I figured that Bridge City, Buras, and Slidell would be the farthest this scanner would pick up. If someone can help me, please let me know... email- rjf1923@cox.net

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
It has been awhile, but doesn't the Pro-91 require that all the frequencies for a site be in the bank? I don't recall it being able to control channel only monitor.

You didn't say where you were in St. Bernard, but unless you were almost in New Orleans, you aren't going to have much luck with the Bridge City Site because of the city being between you and it. Slidell and Buras should work, but if you have a Nextel site close by, you could have more trouble.

You say you can't lock on, but can you even hear any control channels?

rjf1923

St Police freq.

I tried putting all of the freq listed under the Buras, Slidell, and Bridge City towers. I could not hear the control channel sound for any of them when I scanned them. i did hear some radio chatter off some of the channels but not that buzzing sound that I have heard with the control towers. I thought there might be some other freq that i might be missing...

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well, I am pretty sure Bridge City and Slidell are correct (at least they were when I was last home in November, home is LaPlace). Doesn't (as I said it has been a while) the 91 have a button for surpressing data signals? I mean if you were attempting to listen in conventional mode and had that engaged, it would skip the CC channel. Of course it would'nt do that in trunking mode, but then you still wouldn't hear the CC in trunking mode either. Stick to one site in one bank until you get it figured out.

KR4BD

For about a year (until last April), I lived in Covington, LA and was able to monitor the Mandeville Post (Troup L) and, to a lessor extent, Slidell's tower. The Slidell tower was very clear when I was in that area. I had both sets of frequencies in separate banks. The LA State Police were using Type-II Motorola sytems (analog) and were easily tracked using the frequencies listed on the Louisiana page of this website.

My scanners: Pro-92, Pro-94, Pro-2050 and Pro-2052. These systems worked well on all these scanners. I only wished someone made a scanner for the Pro-Voice system that St.Tammany Parish was using!

rjf1923

Thanks guys, I managed to find the control channel for troop B last night. I changed to an 800mhz antenna instead of the stock antenna and I began to pick up but still faint signals most of the time.. I,m close to N.O. so I think that I should be getting stronger signals.. Also, I programmed all of the frequencies into the bank that were listed, but didn't get anything. I clicked on the Buras site and found one additional freq. that was not listed on the other page. I added that one and then did the same thing for the Slidell site, and thats when I began to receive.. I am going to try to verify that this evening.. I also can't find Plaquemines Parish non trunked system listed anywhere.. They are not trunked, but are on 800 mhz.. I found the freq last night.. That one is faint to.. St Bernard PD is nice and clear..They are still on the 400mhz.. I guess that they will be switching to the State system too. As far as Nopd goes, 10 years ago when I was still working, NOPD went to EDACS. We had a couple of training sessions at the training academy on the new system. I remember the instructor saying then that no scanner will be able to pick it up!! Just like they are saying now about ProVoice. We will see. Thanks again fellows..

Status
Not open for further replies.