need help with my BCT8 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolmhr24

I recently purchased a Uniden BCT8 scanner and i live in centre county PA. All the police and fire companys around here have their stuff under this trunking stuff. i tried to figure out how to enter it myself but i just cant get this to work. i found this http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=617 on this webstie so i know i have the correct information but i can't figure out how to put it all in to my scanner. Can anybody please help me out?

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to Radio Reference!

I sold my BCT-8, so I can't give you step-by-step instructions. But here is a link to the BCT-8 Wiki, and if you scroll down to "Related Pages" there is a link to a PDF of the Owner's Manual. You can use your "Search" function to find specific instructions in it.

BCT8 - The RadioReference Wiki

Hope this helps.

coolmhr24

thanks for that. i noticed on there that it says my scanner does support Motorola Type II Smartnet. but when i search on the scanner for that type that isnt one of my options so i'm not sure what to pick? then once i do get that picked, i dont know which of the frequencies i'm supposed to enter first because it says there is 5 or 6 of them

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
According to the manual (page 46), E2-800 is what you select for Type II Motorola. If you will look on that same page (note the page number appears on the bottom of each page), please read the Control Channel only section. It gives you step-by-step instructions on how to set that up. Then you can program just the control channels (red and blue frequencies in the Database). When I had my BCT8, I programmed in a Motorola Type II system and it worked flawlessly. So I know it can be done if you follow the instructions very carefully. Good luck, and let us know how it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.