• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

need help with old Motorola repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
Hello i have a old motorola crystal type repeater Transmitter #CC3049 it transmits ,recieves,and repeats however the transmit audio is almost so low its hard to hear it. Ihave yet to find any imformation let alone manuals , help would be much appreciated. This unit will not be used in the states is actually going to another country as a donation im just trying to get it up and running .

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
repeater

Ok can do i will take some pictures tonite i will also get the full ID. number

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
repeater

motrac thats the most imformation ive gotten since ive aquired the thing and yes vhf

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello i have a old motorola crystal type repeater Transmitter #CC3049 it transmits ,recieves,and repeats however the transmit audio is almost so low its hard to hear it. I have yet to find any information let alone manuals , help would be much appreciated. This unit will not be used in the states is actually going to another country as a donation im just trying to get it up and running .
Two places you should always look when seeking info on older Motorola radios: batlabs.com and repeater-builder.com

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/manuals/c74msy-community-rptr-man-6881056a35-c.pdf

(In this case, the motrac is too old for batlabs.)

Now that you know it's a motrac, search here on RR and on the net. I used keywords motrac repeater and got a lot of hits on old discussions, etc.

Also, the motrac and motran used the same receiver so you might want to expand your search a bit.

Don't discount info on UHF or low band models. These radios still shared a lot of commonality across frequency ranges. You may find answers in less likely places.

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
repeater

i will have pics up soon i found that if i turn up the volume on the repeter cabinet to max and the modulation on the controller i can hear the audio clear but not loud enogh to be able to use and hear properly ive tried measuing the voltage from the audio out of the reciever and the mic imput to the transmitter and both measure the same

Last edited:

jim202

My guess is that your loading down the TX modulation point your using for the injection point. You need to remember that in most of the places that you can inject the audio, the connection needs to not load down that point. You might have to use something like a 47K value or larger of a series resistor.

Another point to consider is that there is probably a DC bias on the injection point your using. Your connection interface needs to take this into account also. Might have to add a series capacitor in your connection. If so, it probably wants to be in the order of at least 1.0 uf in size. This will insure that you have enough lows passed to prevent the TX audio from only having all high's.

My other concern is where your pulling off the received audio that your passing on to the repeater transmitter. You don't want to take it off the speaker connections. This source is variable depending on the volume control. You need a point that the RX audio is not changing.

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking that were i was picking up the audio may be the problem any clues were is the best place to pick up the audio ? im working on getting up pictures of the project

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I was thinking that were i was picking up the audio may be the problem any clues were is the best place to pick up the audio ? im working on getting up pictures of the project

Do you know the history of it? Like where it was in use before you acquired it?

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
It was used at polite concrete in potosi missouri , I actualy got in contact with the guy who originaly serviced it and it was never used as a repeater just a glorified base radio with 2 remote extensions . I hooked up a original handheld mic and the transmit audio is crystal clear. if i hook up the controller the audio goes down a bit but still clear. i possibly may just make the trip and see if the guy will give me a hand and help me get this set up and working Correctly instead of frying something . I will say agin i am a novice radio guy and still learning.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
So it's a station. What is the controller on it? It could be that a pot is not properly tuned on the controller.

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
The controller im using is a CRP-101 china job and any off chance does anyone know how many watts, amps,volts ? does a oem motorola mice put out as far as audio , the mic in question is off of a Radius M400

Last edited:

jim202

The controller im using is a CRP-101 china job and any off chance does anyone know how many watts, amps,volts ? does a oem motorola mice put out as far as audio , the mic in question is off of a Radius M400

You didn't tell us that this is a simplex repeater control box. It listens to the receiver and then turns around and transmits 30 seconds of what it last heard. If 30 seconds is enough, then have at it.

If your looking for a true repeater operation, you will need to split the radio and also need a duplexer. I am not sure that this radio can be split into a receiver and transmitter that can have both working together at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.