Need help with one thing on my Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
I need help with one thing on Uniden BCD996XT I have gone into and turned on manually the TONE & CODE SEARCH ON to CTCSS/ DCS and when it stops on anything that should have a PL tone it does not show it.? can someone help me try to fix it. I dont want to go in FreeScan and put all the tones in. :(

Here is an example of what I mean. Say it will stop on this Fire Frequencies for me this is what it says;

NorthamptonCounty Fire Disp 1
154.34000 but it does not show the frequencies since i have a ID tag made then at the bottom or some where it should flash the PL TONE of 136.5 and it does not show the 136.5 can someone give me little help how to solve my problem?

But it will only show PL tones for stuff that is not in my scanner if I just want to let it scan a thing like Public Safety or anything like that. But I want the tone to show when it scans all the stuff that I programed into my scanner.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Make sure that the Audio Type is set to Analog, not Digital or All. If it is not set to Analog, you will be able to enter a PL, or at least appear to, but it will not use or display any PL or DPL information.

DJ88

Hi
Here is an example of what I mean. Say it will stop on this Fire Frequencies for me this is what it says;

NorthamptonCounty Fire Disp 1
154.34000 but it does not show the frequencies since i have a ID tag made......

You can set it so that it displays the alpha tag, or as you said, ID Tag, frequency, and CTCSS (PL)/DCS (DPL) tone. See this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/167986-bct15x-frequency-tone-display.html

The info applies to the BCT15X but I would imagine it's the same for the 996XT. If not, UPMan or someone else will correct me.

Last edited:

JimBobTerp

Hi
I have put my all my frequencies that I have in my FreeScan software to Analog and still no luck with the PL showing up. I hope u can give me a little more help on this problem. thanks again

SCPD

QRT
Did you set the channels that you want to do a tone search to search in the tone area? Leaving the tone area blank tells the scanner that the frequency does not have a tone. The scanner will not search for one either you need to set the tone area to search. Also if you want the frequency and PL/DPL tone or NAC to show on the bottom of the screen you need to set the screen mode to mode 2. You do this by pressing hold, then function, then 6 until mode 2 shows.
If the scanner finds a new PL/DPL tone. The new tone will flash.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Set the channel to Analog, and set the channel to Tone Search (in Freescan, Search appears in the Tone list after all the PL tones, but before the DCS settings).

You also need to set the scanner to the correct display mode for freq/PL to appear (HOLD on the channel, then press F+6 to toggle display modes).

JimBobTerp

UPMan..
Thanks so much that worked out great. I never saw that Search in the tone section. If i need other help i will see if u can help me. thanks again u are the man.

PS. do u have a email address if i have anymore question about this scanner? send it to me in a private message.

sjlamb

UPMan..
Thanks so much that worked out great. I never saw that Search in the tone section. If i need other help i will see if u can help me. thanks again u are the man.

PS. do u have a email address if i have anymore question about this scanner? send it to me in a private message.

Questions posted in the public forum tend to get the quickest response, and also provide the major benefit of providing answers and solutions to other members who may have the same question.

I think it would also be entirely impractical (if not impossible) for the Upman to need to respond to a flood of email / PMs from individual members.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Especially since I am traveling extensively at the moment (just returned from San Diego...going to DC on Tuesday and Tokyo on Wendnesday for several weeks...). But, in general my SIG is always true...

Status
Not open for further replies.