Need help with programming a trunked system on SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubedoDragon

I'm sort of new to trunked systems and been interested in listening to particular trunked system in my area. I've watched a few YouTube videos on trunking and still just cannot figure out how to get it into my scanner as something I can regularly scan. The system is located here: FCC Callsign WQMY741 (CITY AND RURAL RIDES RURAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT). The system is a MotoTRBO system and I do have the DMR upgrade for my SDS200. I'm not sure if the full system is just not in the database but I've tried searching using the trunked system discovery and using the Sentinel software to no avail. I did locate a frequency that put out some data noise @ ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQMY741 - CITY AND RURAL RIDES RURAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT - Frequency 000155.56500000 but looking for some help getting my scanner to scan the full system. Any help would be super appreciated.

fasteddy64

Not sure if I can help.
When I lived in Abilene I hade the 154.385 frequency programmed in and hear DMR traffic clearly on my Uniden 436 and my Whistler TRX-1
I just programmed that singe freq in and it worked.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm sort of new to trunked systems and been interested in listening to particular trunked system in my area. I've watched a few YouTube videos on trunking and still just cannot figure out how to get it into my scanner as something I can regularly scan. The system is located here: FCC Callsign WQMY741 (CITY AND RURAL RIDES RURAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT). The system is a MotoTRBO system and I do have the DMR upgrade for my SDS200. I'm not sure if the full system is just not in the database but I've tried searching using the trunked system discovery and using the Sentinel software to no avail. I did locate a frequency that put out some data noise @ ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQMY741 - CITY AND RURAL RIDES RURAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT - Frequency 000155.56500000 but looking for some help getting my scanner to scan the full system. Any help would be super appreciated.
While this is licensed as a "trunked system", what you really have is a collection of One Frequency Trunked (OFT) systems. There may be some connection built in, but what you need to do is create individual OFT sites. Which counties are you wanting to hear? From Cisco, you likely could here the Comanche and Stephens County sites. Possibly Erath as well.

It appears that they use the same talkgroup in every county. Attached is an *.hpe file programming Rural Rides for Comanche, Erath, & Stephens counties. Save the file to your PC. You will need to extract Cisco.hpe from the zipped (compressed) file, then you can import the *.hpe file into Sentinel, either into an existing Favorites list, or into a new one. I did not include Taylor, Runnels, & Nolan as I suspect they would be out of range. If you are using an external antenna (on your roof), then there is a chance you might her Taylor County (Abilene).

Attachments

• Cisco.zip
    642 bytes · Views: 7

RubedoDragon

While this is licensed as a "trunked system", what you really have is a collection of One Frequency Trunked (OFT) systems. There may be some connection built in, but what you need to do is create individual OFT sites. Which counties are you wanting to hear? From Cisco, you likely could here the Comanche and Stephens County sites. Possibly Erath as well.

It appears that they use the same talkgroup in every county. Attached is an *.hpe file programming Rural Rides for Comanche, Erath, & Stephens counties. Save the file to your PC. You will need to extract Cisco.hpe from the zipped (compressed) file, then you can import the *.hpe file into Sentinel, either into an existing Favorites list, or into a new one. I did not include Taylor, Runnels, & Nolan as I suspect they would be out of range. If you are using an external antenna (on your roof), then there is a chance you might her Taylor County (Abilene).
Hiegtx, thanks so much for taking the time to do this for me. I will import it when I get home tonight. I actually live in Rising Star now (need to update that) but I think the counties will be the same here. I knew one of the towers were extremely close and thats what I was hitting on last night. I do alot of mobile listening but I know Nolan and Taylor are outside of my range here. Strangely I can pick up Stephens so I think this definitely works. Thanks again.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hiegtx, thanks so much for taking the time to do this for me. I will import it when I get home tonight. I actually live in Rising Star now (need to update that) but I think the counties will be the same here. I knew one of the towers were extremely close and thats what I was hitting on last night. I do alot of mobile listening but I know Nolan and Taylor are outside of my range here. Strangely I can pick up Stephens so I think this definitely works. Thanks again.
You're welcome.

Since they use the same talkgroup and color code in all of the counties where they operate, you might hear traffic from Taylor, Nolan, or Runnels on the Comanche or Erath site. Another thing you might try at some time would be to set the system to use ID Search instead of ID Scan. That way, if at times they used a different talkgroup for, say, maintenance or supervisors, you would hear that as well. You can do that while the radio is monitoring the system to check for activity, by pressing the Function key and then (fairly quickly) the E/yes key. In Sentinel, edit the Favorites list where you have the system. The selection for ID Search or ID Scan is under the "Options" tab for the system.
1614392946961.png

Status
Not open for further replies.