Need Help with Programming HP with Lake County's Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several months of saving I was able to purchase a Home Patrol Scanner. It was supposed to be easy, but it is not. It is updated with their "free update", 2.0. Lake County switched, I believe on September 1, to the State of Colorado DTRS, Motorola Trunked System. I was able to use the software to put in the system, and frequencies but the talk codes do not seem to be right. It will not accept the 2 on 2E19 but will accept E19 and then it puts an "h" at the end. My husband I have been trying to get it going since Monday, but we can not pick up any transmissions at all from anywhere. Even the analog paging system that we can still hear over our old scanner does not come over the Home Patrol. I believe that everything is hooked up correctly and the scanner was a demo purchased from Universal Radio and was in good working condition. We live in a heavily timbered area and also wondered about an antenna problem. I hope that someone out there can help me get this thing going. Thank you for your help. One more thing, what is the difference between the "standard Motorola Band and Custom".

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I would try entering the talkgroups in using the decimal format vs. hex. Enter 11801 for 2E19.

OCO

KerseyD:
1:You don't need to use the GPS at home, just enter your zip code in the Location screen.
2: You should make sure that Sentinel is updated to Version 2.01 Rev 0 (click on Help--> About... on the toolbar). I hope you aren't trying to set things up using direct entry on the HP1 - way too difficult especially for just starting..
3: I looked at the HP1 Colorado database and there are already the three entries in there for Lake County in the DTRS trunked system, so I'm puzzled why you are doing data entry. You should be able to receive these if the HP1 is set to use the entire Database (which is all you can do if you haven't set up any Favorites) just by putting in your Zip code - assuming you are in range of the Lake county tower sites. A more preferable solution is to set up a Favorite with the Lake County talk groups in it, using Sentinel..

Why don't you give us a status after this info and we'll see what you need to do from there...

Edit: Just realized, you must be getting the hexadecimal TGID value from one of the RR reports .. The default in Sentinel is decimal as ABqscan suggested 2E19 hex is 11801decimal...

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DTRS control channels are limited in your county, there are really only two, depending on where you are do you even have a reliable DTRS signal from home?

Jim<

We are not real far from the Hagerman Pass repeater, but are about 25 miles from the one in Granite. Our analog scanner worked, with a telescoping antenna. I really hope this works.

Thank you!!!! We are up and running!!!! Could not have done it without all the good advice! Lake County was pre-programmed into it, I just didn't know where to look for it, until it was mentioned. The favorites that I programmed we are testing now, Lake County is not real busy, so we have long spans between transmissions. I appreciate the information about the TG and using decimal format. Thanks again for everything. This is so cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.