Need Help with Programming - QK's not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlong

Database Admin
Hi all,

I have programmed a FL called DC for the Washington, DC area. I have 25 Systems programmed in with various Departments in each System. I have the scanner installed in my car, so I use QK's to avoid and un-avoid Systems as I travel around the area. What's odd and has me hitting the wall as to why this is happening is that when I un-avoid System 00, which I have set up as System QK 00 on FL0, I get Nothing to Scan. I have double checked and have all Depts on, yet it when un-avoiding it disables all the other Systems' QK's therefore there is nothing to scan. I have checked the menu system and it is set to on. I've included my hpd file here. I'm stumped.

Any idea's?

Attachments

• Home-DC.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 67

JamesO

Nothing to scan means the filters are keeping the scanner from monitoring any traffic.

I have not looked at your file, but most likely the issue is with the Service Type, Distance or somehow you forgot to program a Site or Talk Groups?

These scanner are crazy, you can still get many banks configured correctly and think you fully have a 200% grasp on things, then you let your guard down and slip up and forget a basic/simple thing and you just can't pinpoint the problem.

So just review the Service Types or turn them ALL on for the QG for a test, check the Range/Distance, verify Site/Dept/Talk Group configuration.

Service Type is a very common problem Custom 1 is a default when you configure FL from scratch. I hate the way the software does this and the fact that Uniden does not offer some form of Wildcard option either. I had to laugh, I recently purchased a RS PRO-197 and when working with the software, guess what! There is a Wildcard option on these scanners!

Probably something simple that was overlooked? Keep looking around, you will find the issue and realize you not only painted yourself in the corner, you probably also painted your toes. Do not feel bad, we have all done it at some point.

atlong

Database Admin
That's just it. I've gone over this profile for the past 3 days. I've worked approximately 8 hours per day on this and cannot figure it out.

I have location control OFF
I have all Service Types ON
All sites are programmed and have frequencies
All depts are enabled

Can anyone advise anything else to check for? Thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Good news - it was something simple, I believe.

In looking at your file with ARC 536, I noticed that all of the systems but for Jefferson SIRN and Jefferson County had the Avoid field checked.

I programmed the Favorites List as you had it into my scanner. Only the Jefferson stuff was scanning. I then went back and unchecked the Avoid field for the systems and sent the revised file back to the scanner. It was then scanning everything in the Favorites List.

As I understand it, turning on or off Favorites Lists does not alter the Avoid status of a system/department/channel that is contained in the Favorites List. In other words, turning on a Favorites List will allow you to monitor systems/departments/channels that are Unavoided, but if such things are avoided, the scanner will skip them.

atlong

Database Admin
I finally got it fixed. While in the radio, I was unable to turn all service types on. From the Sentiel sw, I could. I got them all turned on and we're working as planned. Thanks for all the help.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! I for the life of me could not figure out why (when selecting avoid on a certain channel within sentinel) the darn scanner wouldnt scan ANYTHING in the list. Turns out, I had certain services turned off! YAY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.